Chapter 26

.

.

.

Rose and Finn stood in front of their new house that she said they were going to be staying in.

Of course, Keenan didn't know they were "moving" in the first place so Rose had to do it secretly to ensure that it was going to work.

"Hello?" Rose said, knocking on the door, "Is anybody there?"

At first no one answered and Rose was inwardly trembling at the thought. She really didn't want to try motel-hopping like the last time she tried to get away from Keenan.

She knew all too well what would happen if she did, so if they couldn't stay here then she and Finn would have to go back to Keenan.

But fortunately, she heard a click coming from the handle and immediately whipped her head towards the door. It creaked slightly as it opened and on the other side of it was a familiar face.

"Rose?" he said in surprise.

"Ryan," she sighed in relief, "I'm glad you're here."

Ryan opened the door widely with a smile before he noticed Finn beside her. He looked at her son as if he had little horns on his head.

"And who is this?" he questioned, eyeing Rose in surprise.

"My son," she replied with a smile.

Ryan's face lit up and he immediately knelt down in front of him and gave a light smile.

"Hi there," Ryan said holding out his hand, "What's your name?"

Rose watched the little interaction with amusement. Finnigan wasn't a shy boy and even to others, who he never met before, he was quite outgoing and loved to interact.

However, quite interestingly enough, Finn looked at Ryan for a second before he looked over at her with a confused and nervous face. "Mommy, we can't live here; there is already a man here."

Rose gave a sheepish grin and patted his head. "Don't mind that. For now, go say hi."

Hesitantly, Finn shyly walked to Ryan's outstretched hand before shaking it with both of his little hands.

"Finnigan," he replied with a small voice.

Ryan shook his hand back and gave Finn a grin.

"Nice to meet you Finnigan, my name is Ryan," he said gently. "I'm your mom's friend."

Again, Finn looked shocked at his words. "But my daddy doesn't let mommy have friends?" Finn asked, tilting his head.

Ryan dropped his smile for a split second and glanced at Rose with a sympathetic smile.

Rose noticed it blushed immediately.

"Did you know that I met her before you were born?" he swiftly changed topics.

"Really? Do you know my daddy too?" Finn questioned intrigued.

Ryan gave a sheepish smile with an odd look. Both a quite mischievous and dark expression.

"Of course, me and your dad are—" he stopped for a second, "—best friends."

Finn beamed and looked at Rose in excitement.

Rose, on the other hand, was amused that Ryan would even suggest that considering his obvious hate and ongoing journey towards taking Keenan down.

"Anyways, what brings you here today, little man?" Ryan asked, glancing at Rose out of the corner of his eye.