Chapter 5

.

.

.

She immediately quit her part-time job at the office just so she wouldn't have to run into the bastard ever again.

'What a crazy asshole.'

She became furious just thinking about it and began storming down the street as she was coming back home to the motel but being consumed in anger, she didn't notice the large sign hanging over the entrance to the motel that said 'Sinclair Corporations' on the front.

When she got to the door, she began to hear yelling but she knew that ber parents never argued before.

"Mom? Dad?" she said while she was walking in.

Her parent's had stopped midway into their argument and looked over at her in surprise. Her mum looked away with sadness painted her face and her dad was straining a smile.

"Hey kiddo, back so soon?" her dad began.

She nodded and closed the door behind her before walking inside and putting her bag down on the bed.

"What's going on?" she asked, fully aware they were arguing just before.

"Nothing, nothing. Nothing to worry about," her dad casually replied.

Her mom glared at him and stepped forward towards her, "At least tell her the truth. Don't try to sugar coat it. "

Her dad sighed and slowly walked his way over to her. He then sat down on the bed and gestured for her to sit down next to him.

"What happened?" Rose asked concerned.

Her dad glanced at her mom who gave him a stern look. He frowned and took Rose's hand before smiling sadly.

"I'm afraid we have to find some alternative living space for a while," he quickly added, "But don't worry, this is nothing major."

Rose raised her eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean? What's wrong with the motel?"

Her mom suddenly sat down next to her and put an arm around her.

"Don't be alarmed but apparently the motel had been bought by another company and they're chasing everyone out."

"They want everyone gone by tomorrow," her dad added.

She sat there with wide eyes. How much bad luck could they have?

She sucked in a slow breath and closed her eyes before breathing out.

"Okay, we'll be fine. We just need to find another place. There's heaps of motels all around anyway," Rose said with a smile.

Her mom and dad glanced at each other worries but still gave her a smile.

"Don't worry this situation is only gonna be a temporary thing," her dad said reassuringly. "Before you know it, we'll be back in our old home ready to go to work."

Rose smiled at them and hugged her parents.

"Yeah, it'll be over soon."
.

.

.

"What do you mean they're all occupied? You have at least ten keys behind you; there are obviously rooms vacant," she argued.

Rose was currently at yet another motel. She had been searching for a new temporary place for her and her parents right but so far, no luck.

And this was already the third one.