Chapter 7

.

.

.

Rose felt a hand on her shoulder and glanced backwards.

"Ready to go?" Keenan asked.

Rose looked back at her parents through the window. Her mom was holding her dad's hand while he was laying down in the hospital bed. They must have been talking about something funny because she could see them laughing at each other.

Luckily, her dad had just suffered from stress but he had to stay in the hospital for a few weeks because he hit his head pretty hard on the concrete and needed to be supervised.
"What lovely parent's you have," Keenan commented whilst looking at them next to her.

Rose gritted her teeth and glared in his direction.

"Let's just go," she murmured angrily.

Keenan smiled at her and put his arm around her waist as they walked outside the hospital where a chauffeur was waiting by a black Mercedes Benz.

Rose looked at it and thinned her lips. She knew he was rich but to have his own driver was still surprising for her to see it in real life.

"Good morning, sir," the chauffeur said while opening the car door.

Keenan nodded his head and gestured for her to go inside. She was reluctant at first but he smiled at her reassuringly and guided her inside. Once she got inside, he followed in after her and the car soon started.

The car ride was silent. No one was talking and she wasn't willing to start any conversation with him. For the entire ride all she did was sit on the furthest seat away from him on the left, looking out the window until they arrived at a large condominium building.

He exited out the car first and extended his hand towards her to help her. However, she didn't take it and got out the car herself, leaving him in the dust.

When she looked up at the building, she realised how large it was and how small she was. It looked like it could reach the sky. The exterior of the building looked grand.  It was expected for a wealthy CEO.

"You like it?" he asked, standing next to her.

She rolled her eyes at him and ignored his comment before following him into the building.

As she walked inside, she took a log look at the modern interior with the marble flooring, the large chandeliers and monochromatic palette.

She was even in awe at the fancy elevator and once they got inside she looked around as they went up to the 45th floor. She was inwardly surprised that there was even a floor this high for living spaces.

Once the elevator dinged, she quietly followed behind him as he walked down the corridor to the door furthest from the elevator. It was a large dark oak door that had a peephole, fingerprint sensor and keypad attached.

She watched as he pressed his thumb on the pad and entered a pin before the doors light turned green and a small beep was heard.

"Welcome," he said while walking inside.

Rose couldn't help but gaze in shock. It was spacious and beautifully decorated. All the furniture looked like it had been shipped directly from a designers studio. Even the kitchen had a few technological advancements that she had never seen before.

She suddenly heard him chuckle and whipped her head over in his direction.

"What's funny?" she asked.

She saw the wrinkle in his eye as he replied, "I just thought you looked quite cute being all surprised."

She instantly felt a little unsettled with his flattery and chose to ignore it.