2

**Current day**

With the help of my dad and my two brothers, Alex and Aaron (Aero for short - much like calling me Frances, call him Aaron and he'll pop you into next year). He was also pretty nifty with a football at his feet and he still lived in Scotland as he played for a semi-professional team. He was my best friend and was there for me when she left.

My parents still lived in the USA and all my friends were still there, I missed them terribly but Aero was just an hours flight away so I managed to survive seeing him once every weekend.

I applied for 13 different jobs both in Scotland and in England for their sports analyst position. I applied for jobs at my old clubs Glasgow City where I won 4 SWPL trophies, Manchester City where I won the FA WSL one, along with the continental cup.

Things were different now. I was semi-retired. Semi-retired meaning that I hadn't officially announced it yet. This was all going to change when my new position was announced.

'Tomorrow', I thought to myself. 'I'm more nervous for seeing her than I am for my new job.

My dad drove me to the airport, throwing sideways glances towards me as we made it to London Heathrow. I appreciated how apprehensive he was about this move but it felt as though everyone was walking on eggshells around me, avoiding the obvious elephant in the room.

"Dad, I'll be alrigh'."

I say nervously, my Scottish-American accent overlapping with each word - which usually happened when I was extremely nervous. My dad nodded, but still he never said a word.

-

I said goodbye to my dad at check-in, surprised that for once I was right on time for my flight to Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport.

Yeah, you guessed right. I'm the new sports analyst for Olympique Lyonnais, the current French champions.

And yes, I'm well aware that Lyon's best full back is none other than my Lucy Bronze.

No, Frances. She's not your Lucy Bronze. I don't even want to have to communicate with her outside of work.

** This chapter isn't great! And I couldn't think of a good name :( sorry! If anyone has any ideas please let me know! The big reunion will come in chapter 3 ;)

How do you think Lucy will react to Fran's arrival? Will Fran talk to her, apart from in a professional capacity?