13

**Lucy's POV**

"Frankie, we need to get you cleaned up..." I whispered a little moving myself from her grasp, she nodded and curled up on the bed and turned her head away from me. I sighed, running my hand through my hair.  I got up off the bed and walked out the bedroom and back downstairs, back to where everyone was sat whispering, probably wondering what was going on. I walked over to Steph and Keira, taking the first aid kit that Izzy had looked out and went into the kitchen, putting cotton bud under the cold tap and squeezing it before returning to the living room.

"Steph, I need to talk to you upstairs..." I said, pushing past Keira before turning back to face everyone else, "the rest of you go enjoy yourselves, I think we're going to be here a while." I said, with a small apologetic smile.

I returned upstairs with Steph at my heels and pushing the bedroom door back open. "How long have you known about her drink problem?" I said, sitting on the bed, lifting Fran up so that she was facing me again.

**Steph's POV**

"How long have you known about her drink problem?" I was sort of surprised by the question. Surprised that she was finally taking an interest in what happened in Fran's life.

"Long enough. She lived with me and Stephen through most of it. It started not long after you left but it got worse as she started going to parties and she was always bringing people home and then one morning Stephen went to wake her up before we went to work and she was lying face down in her own spew. It was just after Catherine passed away so we gave her the benefit of the doubt that it'd be a one off but it happened over and over again. It came to the point where I was too scared to leave her on her own, so I had to make a choice: let her drink her life away or sent her back to America so her parents can finally take responsibility of her. I never saw her for 3 years after that." I finished, wiping a tear away as I helped Lucy bandage up Fran's hand.

"She stopped going to her AA meetings just before she came here but we thought she was sober, I guess Keira offering her that drink sent her back a little. But don't you dare start pretending you care, you were never here for her when she needed you."

**Lucy's POV**

I listened closely to what Steph was saying and my heart continued to break, over and over again. I'm so in love with this girl, but I can't be with her. I cleaned up the cuts on Frankie's hands, removing glass before bandaging them up. "You're good to go, kid." I whispered in her ear, I tried to help her up.

I hadn't noticed it before, but she did look absolutely phenomenal - so phenomenal in fact that my mouth was dry because I'd been staring at her for too long. It seemed as though Steph had noticed because I suddenly jumped when she cleared her throat.

"Do you mind if I talk to Frankie on my own? Just for a few minutes...it's important. We'll meet you at the restaurant." She nodded and I gave her a small smile as a show of appreciation.

"Frankie..." I whispered finally when Steph had left the room and shut the door. "I am so fucking sorry...I messed up big time babe...but I'm gonna make it right. I promise." I whispered in her ear slowly, cupping her face in my hands as I looked deep into her dark eyes.

Those beautiful eyes.

God I've missed them.