6

3 days later....

**Lucy's POV**

Work over the past few days had been challenging to say the least. Fran still hadn't spoken to me apart from in a professional capacity and that's when I realised she was really good at her job and I never gave her enough credit for her football knowledge when we were together. I wanted her to succeed and I knew 5 years ago if I told her about the offer I'd got from Lyon she would never have left England. She was just getting back on her feet after her ACL injury and I should've been there for her, but I wasn't.

It was a Friday, so I had the morning off which was a godsend because I was about to head to the airport to pick up my lodger for the weekend. I parked up my car and headed towards arrivals. I wasn't sure if inviting Steph Houghton here for the weekend was a good idea but she was the only person I knew that Fran would listen to and I really wanted to reason with her.

I knew she hated me. I knew the moment I left England 5 years ago that she hated me and it would take moving heaven and earth for her to forgive me. I shouldn't be in love with her, I have Keira. But the moment I saw her in that changing room that the whole course of my life was wrong.

I waited at arrivals for 20 minutes before I saw Steph appear at the gate and I noticed she only had one bag, which probably meant she wasn't able to stay for longer than the weekend. I imagined that her husband Stephen was being watched over by his mam after his diagnosis last year.

"Hey Cap...." I grinned embracing her into a hug, I could tell by the way she looked at me that she wasn't too pleased to be here. But she came, and if that's not what you call a good friend then I don't know what is.

"Listen, I am Fran's friend too so don't make me choose sides." She muttered as we got into the car.

"Sure Steph, I would never do that anyways." I replied consciously before continuing, "She's staying with Izzy..."

-

**Fran's POV**

I heard footsteps approach the outside door of Izzy's apartment and got up, walking towards the window to see who had just arrived.

Great.

She's here.

My mouth dropped open slightly as I watched Lucy and Steph knock on the door. Izzy raced down the stairs screaming "ILLLLLL GET ITTTTTT! STEEEEEPPPPPHHHH!!...Hey Bronzey." She flailed, calming down a bit when she saw Lucy.

Anger filled me up instantly. How fucking dare she drag Stephanie all the way here just because she couldn't sort her shit out.  I tried to escape up the stairs but was quickly halted by Steph as she walked over the threshold.

"And where do you think you're going? I think we need to have a chat. Sit the hell down." She said before turning to Lucy, "You as well. Go. Now." She pointed towards the living room, when me and Lucy sat as far away from each other as possible, Steph sat in the chair in the middle of us.

** Steph Houghton aka JEREMY KYLE **