16

**Trigger warning!**

**6 Months Later**

*Fran's POV*

I'd been in Lyon for 6 months now and things between Lucy and I have been rocky. I'm not really sure what the problem is, but we just can't seem to get along. I'd started taking those pills again and she caught me so I think maybe that had something to do with it.

I'm always on edge and Lucy makes me incredibly nauseous. I don't know why our relationship has gone so wrong but I don't think I have the mental strength to fix it.

I love her, which is exactly why I have to leave.

I knew Izzy would be out late tonight which is why I thought this would be my best opportunity. I walk into the bathroom and go into the medicine cabinet, a glass of straight vodka in my hand. I take out my medication and open the bottle taking out six pills, putting them in my mouth before gulping them down with my vodka.

I grab my phone, texting Lucy, Keira & Steph all at the same time.

"Sorry I was such a fuck up. Hope you can forgive me.

Lucy, thanks for trying to fix me but you can't fix something that's already broken.

Keira, look after Lucy. You're a good kid and she deserves someone like you to keep her balanced.

Steph, you've got to fight the battle to win the war. I love you and Stephen more than you'll ever know and I'm grateful for all the things you did for me."

I slumped down next to the sink, shutting my eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

**Lucy's POV**

I lay on my bed watching a film when I heard my phone vibrate. Sighing, I pick it up and put on my glasses, reading the text:

Frankie 🇺🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿: Sorry I was such a fuck up. Hope you can forgive me.

Lucy, thanks for trying to fix me but you can't fix something that's already broken.

I jumped up out of my bed, put shorts on and ran out the door. I didn't bother putting on shoes, Izzy's house was only round the corner and it'd be quicker for me to run.

I opened the gate of Izzy's garden and ran towards the door, squeezing in between the patio and into the kitchen.

"Frankie?!?"

After I got no reply I ran upstairs to her room and then towards the bathroom.

My mouth dropped open when I got to the bathroom door.

"FRANKIE!! Fucking hell, what've you done...." I shouted, kneeling down next to her. I got out my phone again, realising I had missed calls from Keira and Steph and Frankie's  phone was also going off at an alarming rate.

I decided to deal with them later. Taking off my jacket, I put it under Frankie's head and checked her pulse.

It was there, but it was faint.

I dialled 112 and put it on loudspeaker, tears streaming down my face.

"Bonjour 112 quelle est votre urgence?"

"Hello 112 what's your emergency?"

"Bonjour, ma copine a pris des pilules et elle a aussi eu une bouteille de vodka et elle est devenue bleue et elle respire à peine."

"Hello, my girlfriend took some pills and she also had a bottle of vodka and she's  blue and shes breathing."

"J'ai besoin que tu m'écoutes. Je vais suivre votre téléphone pour que je sache où vous êtes. L'ambulence est à seulement 5 minutes. Quel est le nom de votre petite amie?"

"I need you to listen to me, I will follow your phone so that I know where you are. The ambulance is only 5 minutes away. What is your girlfriend's name?"

"elle s'appelle francesca.."

"Her name is Francesca."

I breathed in deeply, trying to keep the tears that were now falling under control. I turned back to Fran and took her hand. I knew their wasn't really anything I could do until the ambulance got here.

I heard the ambulance pull up outside and I shouted to them that we were upstairs. When the paramedics came, they put her into a stretcher and wheeled her out of the house and into the ambulance, I jumped in to the back of the ambulance, not wanting to leave Fran's side.

Looking at my phone again, I wiped away the tears and finally found the courage to phone Steph.

"Lucy, What the hell is going on?!?"

I breathed in again deeply and I could hear Stephen in the background, also wanting to know what's happening.

"Steph...it's Fran....she tried to kill herself...."

I couldn't told it in any longer and when the line went silent, I burst into tears unable to contain my emotions.

I couldn't loose her again.

I just couldn't.