18

**Fran's POV**

When I eventually did wake up from what felt like an extremely long power nap, I had absolutely no idea where I was or how I got here. On deeper inspection however, I realise I was in hospital.

People surrounded my bed. Lucy. Izzy. Steph. Kim!? Ashlyn and Ali?!

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, this question was mostly aimed at Lucy but I looked around the room.

"Do you not remember what happened?" Lucy asked.

"Clearly not or I wouldn't be asking." I glared at her and she got up, glaring right back.

"You never answered my question." I continued on pointedly.

"God if you don't want me here, Fran just tell me to leave and I'll go."

Steph finally stood up from her seat, "Enough both of you. We don't want to stress Fran out, right Lucy?" She said, narrowing her eyebrows.

Lucy held her hands up innocently and sat herself away from me, running a hand through her hair.

The doctors came in and out of the room doing tests. Ashlyn and Ali went to call everyone in the US to tell them I was awake, Kim went to call her parents and the Scotland NT while Steph went out to call Stephen and the Man City team, leaving me and Lucy on our own.

"You're not the one who should be mad." Lucy muttered stuffing her hands in her pockets.

"Sorry, did you say something?"

"Are you seriously going to be stubborn as fuck right now? If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here."

"And Lucy's finally there to save the day." I rolled my eyes.

"God you're fucking insane." Lucy shook her head as Steph walked back into the room. She looked from me to Lucy and folded her arms.

"I don't mean to be insensitive but both of you need to get a grip. Fran, Lucy's here because she cares about you."

"Really? Could've fooled me."

"Oh my god, Frankie. I'll just leave then shall I?" Lucy said, rolling back on her heels.

I nodded but didn't say anything because Steph was glaring at me. I watched as Lucy got her stuff, opening the door to leave.

"Wait!" I shouted, unsure myself what I was doing. Lucy stopped at the door and folded her arms, pushing her glasses up her face.

"I'm sorry. Stay with me please." I tried to shuffle over in the bed and watched on as she hesitated for a moment.

It seemed as though time had stopped in the few seconds that I had asked her to stay and her weighing up if it was worth coming to lie with me.

I breathed in deeply when she hopped on the bed, kicking off her shoes. She relaxed a bit when I rested my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Well would you loo—" Ashlyn started as she and Ali walked back into the room.

"Shut the fuck up!" I heard Lucy hiss and I took her hand, squeezing it gently. I wasn't sure how long we were going to be able to stay like this until the doctor came to separate us, but I wanted to be close to her until that time came.