11

Manchester City 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (  Walsh '37 ; Bronze '25, Van De Sanden '35, Hegerberg '84)

After the game had finished and I'd done all my post-match analysis', I was left alone in the home dressing room with Lucy who was on the phone to Keira. I didn't particularly want to hear their conversation; but I was intrigued.

Was she really undressing me with her eyes while on the phone to her fiancée? She really was batshit crazy. Although, to be fair to her I was batshit crazy for her so swings and roundabouts.

I folded my arms, waiting for her to come off the phone and when she was done I turned away from her and picked up my folders, "We should go. Steph's about 5 minutes away from sending a search party out to find us. They are taking us out for dinner."

Lucy stood in front of the door so I couldn't walk out, "Is it okay if Keira comes?" She asks and I could tell she was nervous about what I was going to say. I walked past her and opened the door so everybody could hear what I was going to say;

"Is it alright that the love of my life is marrying someone who isn't me? Sure. Is it alright that she abandoned me 5 years ago because she was too stupid to realise that I loved her more than anyone in the world? Sure. Can I be nice to her fiancée for little over an hour for the sake of my friends? Maybe." I smiled and walked out of the changing rooms, leaving Jill, Steph, Nikita, Keira and Lucy all looking as though I'd just started World War 3.