Chapter 5 - Things that Can Make Her Happy

In the next morning, Ken demands his butler to prepare his training uniform. He asked why since it's not his schedule for sword training class and Ken told him it's to challenge someone. After he dressed up, he headed to knights' training area and his presence makes the knights in shock. They all knell down as Ken scanned among of them to look for someone.

"Your Highness, what business do you have here?", asked Tsukiyama Shuu, the knight commander.

"I'm looking for someone. Oh, found her! Kirishima, let's have a match!"

The others stared at the youngest knight and Yomo whispered to her and she lifted both of her shoulder as the result. Ken approached her and he challenged her all of sudden. She remained quiet until Tsukiyama asked why. Ken get stubborn that he wanted to challenge her without any reason and he won't leave before Kirishima accepted his challenge. Tsukiyama has no choice but to allow him but in one condition, they will use wooden sword because the real sword will be dangerous to them. Tsukiyama called Touka and he gave them the wooden sword.

"Don't hurt Your Highness, kiddo!", shouted Nishiki from afar.

Both of them make a stance and Ken attacked first, Ken swung his sword and Touka parried all of them. After for a while, he realized that Touka never attacked him and he felt a bit upset and thinking that she is afraid to attack him. Ken swung down his sword but suddenly Touka crouched down.

What is she doing?! My sword will hurt her badly!

But before the sword reached her, she swung her sword up and it hit right on the middle of Ken's sword with her sword's strong point. The audiences can hear a loud crack sound and they saw half of the sword part was thrown onto ground. Ken's dumbfounded when he saw his sword broken and for a second he let his guard down, Touka strike Ken's side neck with her sword. Both of them stop and Tsukiyama announced Touka as the winner. Everyone give them applause then Ken swaying and he fell down while panting.

T-That was clooose! If i were hit by a real sword, i'm sure my hand will be flying now!

Touka reached her hand to him and he took her hand, she asked him whether he is okay and he said okay to her. 

"That's a great match, Your High-", but before Tsukiyama finished his line, suddenly Ken said something unexpected.

"How is it, Kirishima? Are you happy now?"

In a second, the situation became quiet and Touka stared at Ken confusedly.

"I'm sorry but...about what?"

"The match, of course! You happy to have a match with me, right?"

"Uh...sword training is one of my routine activities. So...it's normal? To be honest, i'm a bit confused when Your Highness challenged me and i'm afraid you will get hurt."

"Huh? But-!"

Ken stared at Yomo and he just aware what Ken's meant, he averted his eyes and Ken became embarrassed. Right before Touka called him again, Ken rushed out from there and the others look at him dumbfounded.

Oh.My.God! This is the second time i ashamed myself!

He returned to his room then he changed into his casual clothes and attended his courses. Along the courses, he can't focus at all then he chooses to get some rest during snack time. Some maids brought him some cakes and looking at the maids, he suddenly had an idea. He called one of the maids and asked her what's her likes and she answered sweet foods, clothes, and accessories. Kaneki thought if he gave one of the cakes to her, she will thank him.

Ah, why i never think it before? Girls like sweets and something beautiful.

Ken looked at the beautiful strawberry cake in front of him then he took it with him. Since everyone still training, Ken entered the knight's residence without any worry. He peeked the rooms one by one and he confused since all of them look same. When he was exploring the place, suddenly someone appeared behind him.

"Do you need something, Your Highness?"

"Oh, Ni-Nishio! I thought you were training?"

"Yes, i forgot something in my room. So, do you need something?", asked Nishiki. He saw Ken is bringing a cake then he smiles.

"Oh, her room is there.", said him as he pointing at one door.

Ken flustered how does he know about that then Nishio told him that he will keep it as secret. He entered his room to take his forgotten items then he took his leave first. Ken entered her room then he saw her room is cleaner and tidier than other rooms. He put the cake on the table and he came out immediately.

I hope she will like the cake.

The time flies by and Ken's lessons had ended. He humming while imagining Touka is enjoying her cake now. When Ken headed to the dining room, he noticed Touka outside. He saw the clock and he thought to visit her first before dinner. Ken gone downstairs and he greeted his new friend.

"Good evening, Your Majesty. What are you doing here? You should be heading to dining room now."

"Don't worry, i still have time. Uh...how is your lunch?"

"It's good, Your Highness."

"I'm glad to hear it."

"Speaking of food, i found a cake on my table today and-"

Oh! Does she like it?!

"I saw a maid nearby so, i gave it to her. It seems someone delivered it to the wrong building."

Ken's jaw dropped after he heard it from her, he can't believe a girl willing to give her sweets to someone else. While he was spacing out, Touka confused and she called him for several times and finally he backed to his sense. Ken immediately made excuse that he needed to go to dining hall now and he disappeared from her sight. She stared at him confusedly and from behind her, Nishiki told her that she was too harsh which made her more confuse.

In the dining hall, Kaneki's family enjoying their dinner except for Ken; he doesn't take any single bite and he keep poking his vegetables. The king noticed it and he asked his son about what happened today. Ken stopped poking his meat and he told his parents about what happened between him and Touka. Right after he finished his story, both of his parents let a snort out.

"Your Highness?! Oh, this is so embarrassing!"

"P-Prince, w-why don't you ask us?"

"I don't want to disturb you since you were busy, Your Highness."

Ken saw his father's eyes began to teary meanwhile the queen already composed herself. She told her son that if he wanted to know what she likes, he should ask her and give it in person since everyone has different taste. After dinner, Ken decided to take his mother's advice and he planned to visit her on the next morning. When he walked through the hallway, Ken suddenly freezes when he saw a black figure outside the window. 

_____________________________________

P.S : Happy Chinese New Year, guys! \ ^O^ /