Chapter 7 - Siblings Quarrel

Within one and a half year, Touka swordsmanship has escalated quickly. She was given her own sword and she became Ken's personal knight. Hide's birthday is coming soon, Ken was on journey to Nagachika's Kingdom along with Touka and the other guards. After four days they finally reached their destination and as they reached there, Hide burst out from the palace and greeted his best friend. He told Ken to enter the palace together with his personal guard.

Hide commanded his maids to prepares some snacks and tea for his guest and shortly one of his maids brought it and served it to them. They chatted for a while then someone knocked the door, the little boy who is bringing several papers stepped into the room as he said 'excuse me'. He froze when he saw his sister standing near the wall behind Prince Ken then he dropped the papers and it scattered everywhere.

"SISTER!", shouted him as he ran into his sister and hugged her. Touka patted his head and then she helped him to collect the scattered paper. She apologized for her brother's attitude to two princes which they don't mind it. Hide asked what's his business here and Ayato gave him some paperwork to do which made Hide sighed. Hide put it aside and he told Ayato he may spend his time with his sister. Touka looked at Ken and he permitted it, Touka asked Nishiki to replace her then they leave the room. From up, both of princes can see them heading to the garden.

"So, how is your day with Touka? Is she doing her job well?"

"Yes, she is- Wait. Why do you call her by her first name?"

"Huh? What's wrong with it? If i call Kirishima, the siblings will get confuse- Wait. Are you...jealous?"

"N-No! What do you mean by jealous?!", protested Ken as he drank his tea. Afterwards they heard Ayato shouted outside to his sister. Both of Ken and Hide stared each other and by looking from their gesture, it seems they have an argue. Ken and Hide went downstairs and asked what happened; Ayato told them that he wanted to become a knight like her sister but Touka got angry soon.

"I said no means 'no'. You can't be a knight, Ayato! I won't allow it!"

"Stupid sister!! I HATE YOU!!!", Ayato ran away and left his sister behind with two princes. Ken asked her more detail about what happened and Touka told it to them. She disagreed with Ayato because he doesn't know it will be dangerous and she doesn't want it happens to him. When Hide asked for his reason and she said that he thought being a knight is cool. They understood her since she already lost both of her parents and she doesn't want to lose her only little brother.

Ken decided to pay Ayato a visit then he asked the maids whether they saw Ayato and one of them saw him run into his room. Ken knocked the door and after he get permission from the inside, he saw the boy hiding under his blanket. Ken pokes him three times then Ayato came out from his blanket, he startled as he wipes his tears.

"P-Prince Ken?! D-Do you need something from me?"

"You are Ayato, aren't you? Your sister told me what happened and she is with Prince Hide now. Can you tell me why you want to become knight?"

"...I said it's cool but actually, i want to protect my sister, mommy, and daddy! Also make them proud of me too. Sister won't let me finished my sentence and she got mad."

...It seems he still doesn't know about what happened to his parents.

"Ayato, do you know why she got mad?"

Ayato shook his head and Ken told him that because Touka is care of him, being a knight is dangerous indeed and she doesn't want her precious little brother to get hurt. Ayato stopped crying and Ken suggested him to talk to Touka in person. Ayato nodded slowly then he and Ken headed back to where Hide and Touka are.

Touka let her brother finished his words this time and after she heard his real reason, she immediately hugs Ayato. She apologized to him and she told him that she understands now and their parents will proud of him. She allowed him but in one condition; he must use wood sword for three years since he is too young, Ayato whined a bit but then he agreed to Touka.

At 10th June, Hide celebrated his birthday with his people and his best friend. They have party for a whole day until night and the royal families have dinner at party hall. Hide took a lot of foods and joined Ken who already waiting for him. They stood in the center while talking about politics but Ken suddenly stopped talking when he heard two guys whispering about his personal knight.

"Hey, do you see that female knight over there? It's rare to see female knight."

"Yes, and moreover she's...quite pretty. Should we approach her?"    

Right after he heard it Ken immediately left Hide's side and approached his knight, Touka who saw him bowed down and asked what he needed. Ken told her that suddenly he felt tired and decided to eat while leaning on the wall and at the same time, Ken stared coldly at the guys earlier and they immediately left them. From afar, Hide trotting while bringing his foods with him and he asked why suddenly he left him alone. Ken told him the same thing to him as he touching his chin but Hide knew that his friend is lying. 

After the dinner, Ken headed to his room with Touka who accompanied him. She asked permission to leave as Ken reached his room and he said goodnight to her. Ken entered his room and after he changed his clothes, someone knocked the door. Ken opened the door and his best friend entered into the room then he sat on the chair.

"Ken, tell me what happened when we have dinner party."

"H-Huh? I already told you, right? I just tired."

"Don't hide it from me. I know you lied to me. We've been together for years and i know your habits. Now, tell me."

"...I overheard two marquesses behind us were going to pestering my knight. They are noble but they have no manner!", said Ken as he felt annoyed.

"Knight? Your mean Touka?"

"Yes, Tou- ...Wait, again? Why do you keep calling her by her first name?"

"Huh? Why? I already called Ayato by his first name and it seems she doesn't mind that i called her by her first name. Besides, there are two Kirishima here."

"Still, how could you be sure that she won't mind if you call her by her first name? It can make her uncomfortable."

"...Ken, you're jealous."

_____________________________________

Note :

Guys, sorry for the late update. My health is not good and i have insomnia these days. I also stressed out from learning since i changed my job.