Chapter 17 - Touka's Troubled

Ayato and Yomo rushed to hospital when they heard Touka has regained her consciousness. Ayato can't stop crying as he hugs his sister and then Tsukiyama and Nishiki followed Yomo into the hospital room. They welcome her back and they asking about her condition. Touka admits that her back still hurts and suddenly another person who Ken jealous with entered her room and he is bringing a basket of apples with him.

"Oh, it seems everyone is already here. I immediately rushed here as I heard you awake, Kirishima."

"Thank you, Rio."

Looking at them having fun, Ken feels really jealous but he doesn't want to make her angry. Ken permits himself to leave first since he has another urgent business that he needed to finish on that day. When Touka saw him left, she reminded of what her parents said about him being cared of her every day and it makes her heart pounded. After they have a short talk, one by one they bid farewell to her and the last one is Rio. Before Rio bid farewell, Touka told him there's something that she needs to tell to him.

"Um...Rio? About that day... Thank you for your feelings but...I can't accept it."

"Oh...t-that's okay. Hahaha. To be honest, I have a feeling that you will reject me. Also, there's someone who really cares about you, 'that person' always visiting you every day and he keep waiting and waiting for you."

"...I know. Once again, I'm sorry Rio."

"By any chance, do you harbor a feeling to him? Neither as a friend nor as his knight."

Touka's mind become blank after she reminds all of the time she spent with him, her heart started pounding and her face become red. Rio smiles at her then he leaves the room meanwhile Touka flustering about what happened to her.

On the next morning, Ken comes early to visit Touka again. As he entered her room, he saw clearly Touka's back bare skin showed toward him, Touka realized it and she immediately cover her front body part.

"AARGH! I'M SORRY!", yelled Ken as he slams the door.

He tried to calm himself but he can't wipe out Touka's body from his mind. But then he remembered what he saw, Touka is holding something and she tried to do something. Ken stops at the door and he asked her from outside.

"Um...Touka? Do you want to apply that medicine on your back? If so, I will call Banjou or nurses."

"Oh, okay. Thank you, Ken."

Ken searched the whole hospital but it's weird since he can't find any person besides the patients there. He went back to Touka's room and he told her so.

"Uh...my goodness, my back is really itchy. I really want to scratch it but I can't reach it."

"Wait what?!? Don't scratch it!!! Uh...do you want me to help you with the medicines? Uh, I will close my eyes! I promise!"

"E-Eh?! W-Well, I know it's improper to ask you but...please do. It's really itchy."

Ken closed his eyes and he reached out his hand to know where the bed is. After he managed to find the bed and the chair, he sat down and he asked for the medicine. Touka handed over the medicine to him and he begins to apply it on her skin.

...This burn marks will leave on her soft skin. ...Oh Lord, please forgive me for thinking something indecent.

While he is applying on her skin, suddenly both of them heard the door opened and Ken open his eyes. He saw Doctor Banjou together with Ayato and Yomo behind him, flabbergasted to what they see now.

"...I'm sorry for disturbing, Your Highness. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)", said Banjou.

"Wait! It's not like that! Doctor Banjou?! Get back here!", yelled Ken as his face turns red and he begins panic. The three of them enter the room then Ayato takes his turn to apply the medicine on his sister's back. Ken complained to Banjou because there's no any single doctor and nurse who take care of patients here but Banjou told him that he and the nurses were having morning prayer every morning. Ken feels embarrassed then he permits himself to leave first.

After Ayato finished, he told his sister that he wants to visit their parents's grave on next time with her. Touka seems surprised but then Ayato told her that he knows it from Prince Ken and Yomo and he won't hate her. Touka hugs her little brother and she told him that she loves him so much. Then Ayato told both of his relatives that he needs to leave the palace and return to Nagachika kingdom. Besides, there's someone who already waiting to pick him up.

Yomo send his nephew off then he backs to work and Banjou is making some medicines, meanwhile Touka get rest in her bed. Since everyone are busy with their own business and Touka were not allowed to training or move too much, she becomes lonely and getting bored easily.

While she is laying on her bed and eating the apples from Rio, she heard someone knocks the door; it's Nishiki. He was told by Tsukiyama to watch over her condition and she admits she fells boring and she wants to train soon. Nishiki flicks her forehead and he scold her to get rest and recovery first. Nishiki told her that he is the one who done the cauterization on her and Touka thanked him for saving her life. Both of them become silence then suddenly Nishiki asked her an unexpected question.

"Hey, Touka. You're befriended with Prince Nagachika, right? Um...can you help me with something? Hide's female imperial doctor, Nishino Kimi. Can you introduce me to her?", asked Nishiki.

"What on earth, Nishiki. Hide is a prince and he is not a cu-.", Touka stopped her lines then she furrows her eyebrow as she is looking at Nishiki's blushing face. After a few moments, finally Touka understand what he meant.

"Nishiki, you fall in love with that person? On the first sight?"

"Well, she is sweet and smart. I haven't introduced myself to her and she immediately back to their palace."

"...Hmm, I'll try. As my payback since you saved my life."

"Really?! Thanks, Touka! Oh, look at the time! I need to help the others with preparation!"

"Preparation? Is there something will happen?"

"Don't you know? Next week, Prince Ken's fiancee will come-"

"Wait. Fiancee? What are you talking about?"

"Uh... Didn't Prince Ken tell you that he and Princess Kamishiro will get married?"

Touka looked shock and her mind become blank. Nishiki who saw her reaction, feels guilty then walked out from the room quietly.

Fiancee?

_____________________________________