Chapter 23 - The Fallen Kingdom (Final Chapter)

White Reaper, the alias which made knights became anxious. Yomo shouted at Touka to regroup with them but the Reaper charged at her and not giving her a chance to pull back from him. He keeps attacking and no matter how hard she wanted to attack him, the reaper could parry her sword easily. Several of the knights assisted her but they were ended with losing their life.

"Captain! How about the reinforcement?!"

"Duke Fueguchi has been slain and they lock us from the outside!"

This is the worst; this man won't let me go and if captain die here, the morale will drop down and we will put the prince into more danger. It's my job to protect Ken but if this keep going on...

"Captain! Please take the prince out from here! I will hold him here!"

"What are you talking about, Touka?! You're coming with us!", exclaimed Yomo.

"Please, take the prince out from here! He is our last hope! Please protect him at all cost!"

Hearing his beloved told them to leave her meanwhile she was fighting a strong enemy by herself, Ken opposed her and commanding the others not to listen to her. But even so, his knights knew that they must protect him, the last Kaneki's royal family. They can't let their future king get caught and killed by enemies. Tsukiyama commanded Yomo to carry him and even though Yomo still objected to leave his niece, he doesn't have any choice but to save the young prince first. Yomo excused himself to carry Ken and they leave that place with Tsukiyama leading the rest of them. Ken called Touka's name as they leave her and before she was disappeared from his sight, Ken saw her said something to him then she lost from his sight. 

The knights stopped at a dead end, Nishiki pulled one of the torches and Tsukiyama pressed one of the stone wall then a secret door opened. They keep going through the dark passage and sometime later, they went out from the castle but they still need to get out from there soon. The people screaming from the town could be heard and the enemy's troops started to take over control.

"Captain, it's too dangerous here! We need to go outside!", said Nishiki to Tsukiyama.

"We are going to leave the castle, Touka, and my own people?! No, we won't do that! We have to help them!", protested Ken.

"Your Highness, they are too many! We need you! Please! For ours, for your people, and for Touka's sake too!"

Hearing the pleading of his knights, he finally accepted it. Nishiki scouted in the front and Yomo scouted in the back meanwhile the others protecting Ken. After make sure there's no enemy near there, Nishiki gave them hand signal and one by one they get out from the wall. They went to a forest and Ken looked back at his home once again before they went into deeper. 

-----

-Touka's POV-

Right after she saw them gone from there, Touka focused back to White Reaper and he launched his attacks again. Touka defended from his attacks and then it's her time to attack the White Reaper.

How many stamina does he have?! I must put and end of this battle and regroup with everyone.

After fighting for a while with him, Touka realized there's something wrong with him; his eyes responded a bit slow. Touka attacked him from his blind spot but he parried her sword.

"Oh? You realized it? But you're too naive, I have a bad sight indeed but it doesn't mean I'm totally blind. Also, I'm relying on my hearing all this time."

He swung his sword harder and Touka's sword broken then his sword thrusted into Touka's stomach. The White Reaper stared at her fell onto her knees but then he decided to chase the others. As he walked away, Touka took out a knife and she swung it to the man's foot. He managed to escape it but then he realized the knife cut his ankle a bit.

"...You still have a bit strength to fight me?"

The reaper only stared at her calmly then he lifts his sword and he stabbed Touka's dominant hand. She yelled in pain and she dropped the knife. He let out a faint sigh and once again, he saw her other hand grabbed his feet.

"...Let go."

"...I won't let you-"

White Reaper brushed aside her hand from his feet then he stepped her hand. Even still, Touka won't let him go but after he saw blue haired knight finally loosened her grip, he sighed and he walked away. He stopped once again when he heard dragging sound from behind him and he saw Touka still following him by dragging her body.

"How persistent. I don't have many times to deal with yo- ...She passed out. She's the first person who doesn't fear of me. Hmm...interesting.", said him as he slightly smile.

Hours later, the kingdom has completely fallen and someone who was considered as the mastermind of this ambush finally made his appearance at the castle. He was humming as he walked through the palace which full of the guards, maids, and soldiers's dead body in the palace. He went to the King and Queen's chamber and he looked so happy when he saw their bodies.

"Oh Gosh, do you know how happy I'm today? It's so satisfying!! I wonder if the prince really like his birthday present from me?", said him as he skipping through the hallway.

He checked one by one of the rooms but he couldn't find the prince's body. He began run out of patience until he met the white-haired knight.

"Sir Arima~ How is it going? Did you find the prince?"

"...Your Majesty, I didn't see him anywhere. I only encountered several of his knights but not with the prince."

"Find him no matter what and... What are you going to do with 'that'?", he asked as he pointed at Reaper's hand which dragging someone's head.

The knight didn't answer but he was smiling.

_____________________________________