Chapter 8 - Hide's Wish

"...Ken, you're jealous."

Hearing 'jealous' from Hide, Ken stared at his best friend in disbelief. Ken shrugs and he told Hide that he just doesn't like when someone pestering his people, moreover his friend. Looking at his reaction, Hide suddenly has an idea and he pretended to play along with Ken. Hide immediately say goodbye to Ken and he let an evil giggling from his mouth.

On the next morning, Ken heard Touka calling 'Your Highness' as she knocking his door for several times. He rubs his eyes several times then he finally regained some energy to move from his bed. After he changes his clothes, Touka greeted him.

"Good morning, Your Highness."

"Good morning, T-To ...Kirishima."

Touka tilted her head and Ken cleared his throat as he walked to dining room. As he arrived, he saw no one in there so he asked the maids whether they saw Hide. All of them shook their head and Ken just remembered that Hide is not a morning person like him. He and Touka headed to his chamber then Ken knocked the door several times but no answer. Ken grabbed the door knob and as he turned it, the door was opened and he saw a bulge of blanket in Hide's bed. Ken approached it and he saw Hide's hair sticking out from the blanket. Ken pulls the blanket but Hide pull it back.

"Hide! Wake up! It's morning already!", shouted Ken as he starts to shake Hide's body.

Hide doesn't answer him and let a groan instead, for five minutes Ken tries to awake him but it doesn't work. Ken looked at Touka who still standing outside the chamber and he called her to enter the chamber. At first, she rejected it since it's inappropriate for a female and a commoner like her to enter the prince's room but Ken affirms her that's his command. Right after she heard her master's command, she doesn't any choice but to abide him. When Touka is going to pull Hide's blanket, suddenly Hide pulled her hand and hugged her as she falls onto him. Ken's eyes wide open then he rushed to them.

"AAAACK! HIDE! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! LET.HER.GO!!", shouted Ken as he pulling Hide's arms from Touka. Hide slowly opened his eyes and he finally awake.

"*yawn* Good morning, Ken, Touka."

"What are you doing?! Why you did that?! Why it's hard to wake you up?! Why-"

 "Ken. Ken. Calm down and don't yell right in my ears in the morning. I don't understand, i do what?"

 "You pulled Touka and you hugged her!"

"Huh? I did? I thought i was hugging my bolster since it's really soft. I'm sorry, Touka."

"It's okay, Prince Nagachika. At least you're awake now."

Hearing at Touka's response, Ken stared at her in disbelief. How come a girl doesn't get embarrass right after she got a hug from a guy so sudden? Touka walked out from the chamber since Hide is going to change and when he changed his clothes, Ken stared at him suspiciously. Ken accused him for doing it purposely but Hide told him that he's not a morning person just like Ken. Ken realized what he said is true, both of them aren't morning person and the maids have difficulties to wake them up since they were kids. 

After Hide finished dressing, they headed to the dining room and have breakfast. Both of them were talking about politics and culture while having breakfast and suddenly Hide stopped talking and stared at Touka who standing near the door behind Ken.

"Hey, Touka. Do you want some bread?"

"No, thank you. I have eaten already, Prince Nagachika."

"...Can you stop calling me Prince Nagachika? It's too long, you know? How about you call me Hide? Just like Ken."

Ken who heard that get choked by food and he immediately drank water.

"I can't do that, it's inappropriate for me to call you by first name."

"She's right. You're a prince too, Hide.", said Ken as he coughing.

But suddenly Hide become gloomy, he told that someone didn't give him a birthday present and that person is refusing his wish right now. He told that person that he is just a lonely prince who just want to become her close friend as his best friend does.

It's coming...Hide's ability: acting. But i'm sure Touka won't buy-

"I-I'm sorry, prince. I don't mean to hurt your feelings. It just, i don't know what you like as present."

 Wait, what?

"Then, i want to be your friend too! I will call you by your first name and you can call me by my first name too!"

"Prince Nagachika, you can call me by my first name but in my case, I-"

Touka immediately stopped talking as she saw Hide gave her a puppy eyes with tears. Touka cleared her throat then she whispered something while blushing. 'H-H-Hide', that's what she murmured. Ken dropped his spoon and fork as he heard his best friend's name came out from Touka's mouth. Right after Hide heard his first name from her mouth, Hide became cheerful again.

Right after the breakfast, Hide told Touka that he heard she has a good swordsman skill, therefore he wanted to have a match with her. Touka looked at Ken and waiting for his respond but Ken stayed quiet due of shock. Hide and Touka called him several times and finally he back to his sense after Hide hit his back. Ken looked confuse and he asked what they talked again which made Hide and Touka stared each other with puzzle looks. Hide repeated his question then Ken allowed him if Touka willing to. Hide hugged Ken then he told Touka that they will have match before lunch.

Hide called her first name and she called his first name too... I wonder if i can call her by her first name too. ...Really, what's wrong with me?!?  

_____________________________________