Chapter 11 - Touka's Birthday

On the next day, Ken had sword training with Tsukiyama, the captain of the knights. Even he was trained with him since he was kid, Ken can't defeat Tsukiyama for once. Ken dropped his sword and he asked for break time, Tsukiyama sighed and he told him to work harder on sword training but Ken doesn't heed his advice. Tsukiyama told Ken that Touka and him have draw result every time they have match and he advised the prince to work harder because one day he will become a king and protect his people. Ken pouts a bit but right after thinking about his teacher's words, he took his sword again.

After the sword lesson, Ken keep rubbing his shoulder and his arms so many times due of too much swinging the sword. Suddenly, he heard Touka calling him from behind and his heart beating fast.

"How is your training, Your Highness?"

"Uh..so-so?"

Ah...she keep calling me 'Your Highness' and I keep calling her Kirishima. I want to call her name and I want her to call my first name too, like Hide. ...Oh My Lord, what am I thinking???

"-ness. Your Highness? Your Highness! Are you okay?"

"Ah, yes! I just space out a bit. Hahaha. Oh by the way, when is your birthday?"

"Me? It's on July 1st. Why?"

"Nothing, I think it's unfair only you who knows my birthday as a friend. That's all."

While walking in front of Touka, Ken keeps hiding his excitement because he knew her birthday and he won't skip it now. Since her birthday is coming soon, Ken keeps thinking what gift he should give to her. Because Hide is busy with study, Ken decided to ask it to the others knight. While Ken told Touka to do some errand for him, he used this chance to slip out to knights's ward.

At knights's ward, he discussed about birthday present for girls and they gave him some recommendation.

"Girls? Girls like sweets.", said Tsukiyama.

"Girls like beautiful things; flowers, clothes, accessories. By the way Your Highness, to whom you will give the present? Is it Touka?"

"...It's..secret?", said Ken as he averts his eyes and touching his chin when he heard 'Touka' name from Nishiki.

Everyone dumbfounded when they saw his lying expression, he is totally a type of person who can't lie. Nishiki can't stop laughing at him and Ken's face turned red, Ken pouts when they laughing at him but then Nishiki teases him.

"I-I'm sorry, Your Highness. But Touka is...pffft. Like a guy. She is really a tomboy, you know what? Some of girls from town and maid in the palace even hit on her and she made them cry when she told them that she is a girl. She is too tomboy and i think it will be weird if you gave her girly stuffs. Why don't you give her another sword? Such as a short sword for defense?"

"It's for her birthday so I want to give her something special."

"Special? As a friend? Or...someone more than friend?"

Ken's eyes widened and he stared at Nishiki as his face turn redder. All of them stop making fun of him when they saw his expression and they become quiet.

"Uh...Your Highness. Sorry for the rudeness but do you like her by any chance?", asked Tsukiyama.

Ken can't say anything but his face become redder and his body can't stop shaking. By his reaction, they all stare each other and the situation become awkward.

"...I'm sorry, Your Highness. But, you should not fall in love with her."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"