Chapter 6 - Starry Skies

Ken froze as he saw a black figure outside the windows, he tried to calm down and he brace himself to look at it. As his eyes began to adapt with the darkness, the black figure turned into the light blue haired girl. She bowed down then she pointing at herself then to Ken, signaling that she wanted to come to him. Ken nodded then Touka came inside the castle and she approached him. She apologized for bothering him and she asked him whether he had some free time which she gets 'yes' answer from the prince. Ken asked about what her business but she can't tell it now and she told him that she will be waiting downstairs.

Ken usually reading some books in his room before he goes to bed but now, he rushed into his chamber and put all of his books then he wore his coat. He goes downstairs then Touka asked him to close his eyes. Without asking, Ken closed his eyes then Touka held his hand.

This is the first time i hold hand with a girl, her hand is so small. ...What am i thinking?

Touka brought the prince out of the building and they managed to avoid several guards who are patrolling. In the darkness, Ken only can trust his knight who led him to somewhere. After walked for several minutes, finally they stop. Touka told him to open his eyes and look upside and Ken's eyes widened as he saw thousands of stars shining right above of him.

"Wow, it's beautiful! I've never seen a sight like this before."

"Do you like it, Your Highness?"

Ken nodded and while enjoying the view, the silence was broken by Touka's sneeze. Ken stared at her thin coat so he shared his coat with her. At first, she refused it but thanks to Ken's stubbornness, Ken managed to persuade her. In the middle of silence, Ken heard his knight suddenly apologize to him.

"Kirishima, why are you apologizing to me?"

"...Mr. Nishiki told me about the cake; that it was you who gave it to me but i gave it to someone else. I'm really sorry."

"Oh, that's okay. It was my fault to begin with, i should give it to you in person."

"But Your Highness, why did you do that? Asked me for duel and gave me cakes...?"

He told her that he wanted to cheer her up since she had through hard times. Hearing his reason, Touka shocked and she can't say anything to him for a while.

"I see. ...Your Highness, do you believe the dead people will be watch over us? My father once told me that he and my mother will turn into stars and watch over us from above."

Ken's eyes widened when he heard she said it, Touka bend her knee and covered her face.

"I'm such a bad person, not being able to cry over my dead parents."

Now Ken knows about what kind of person she is; a person who acted strong outside but she is broken inside. Ken looked at the stars then he told her that she doesn't need to pretend to be strong and it's okay for her to let her true feelings out. Not long after he can hear Touka's sobbing, Ken stared at the stars and he gave her some time to let her feelings out. After several moments, Touka finally stop crying. She rubbed her eyes then she asked him to keep it as secret and Ken told her that she doesn't need to worry about it. 

They both silence then Ken asked Touka what the things she likes and she told him that she already had it; a friend. It's the first time Touka had a friend besides her little brother since she lived in the forest. Ken smiles to her then as the times gone by, they sneak back into the palace.

"Thank you for tonight, Kirishima. This is the best surprise that i ever get."

"Yes, Your Highness. If you need something from me, please feel free to tell me."

Right before Ken was heading to the stairs, Touka called him once again and Ken's eyes widened as he saw Touka smiles clearly for the first time. Touka heading back to her room meanwhile Ken still stays dumbfounded, his heart suddenly pounding faster and his face flushes.

He headed to his chamber then he covered his face with his pillow, in the silence he can hear his heart pounding clearly. He tried to sleep but he keeps remembering Touka's face when she was smiling. His face became hotter and he washed his face with the water and it cool down a bit. He looked into the mirror and what he saw is not his own reflection but Touka. He jumped into his bed then he rolling over on it so many times.

Huh? What happened to me? Kirishima keep appearing in my mind. ...Maybe it's because it's the first time i saw her smiling. Well, i'm glad she finally smiling. She looks really beautiful when she is smiling. ...My mind has been full of strange things recently, i should take a rest now; it can help to rest my brain.

Since then Ken and Touka undergo their daily life together as a friend. They trained together and whenever one of them has free time, they play together. Sometimes Ken taught Touka how to write and read since she isn't too good at it and so she can write letter to her brother. Since Ken befriended with Touka, he is more socialized than before and it makes both of his parents feel happy about it.

_____________________________________