Chapter 22 - Ambush

As the boy thrusted his blade to Ken, the door was kicked opened and Touka threw a knife to him. He parried it and at the same time, Touka pounced him. They rolled down to the floor then he attacked Touka and she blocked it. The boy managed to free himself from Touka and their blade clashing to each other. Once the little boy gradually lost his strength, Touka used this chance to parry the knife from his hands. Touka then twisted his hand and she pinned him down on the floor.

"Ken, are you alright?!"

"*cough* *cough* Y-Yes. Thank you, Touka."

"Tsk. How do you know that I'm here?"

"I noticed you were hiding on hallway. Now, tell me the name of the person who command you to harm the royal family, otherwise I will break your arm."

He smirked and he won't tell who is the master mind, even he provoked Touka further by mocking the royal family. Touka stared him coldly, she pulled his arm and Ken heard a crack sound and the boy yelled in pain.

"I've warned you, kid. I might be only breaking your arms but my king and my queen might not spare your life."

"*panting* ...Yeah, if only they were still alive."

Looking at his smile, Touka realized there's something wrong then she called the guards. They came to her and she commanded them to checked the king and queen immediately. As they received her command, they rushed to King's chamber and reports it to Tsukiyama. Tsukiyama knocked the door but there's no response, Tsukiyama excused himself and he opened the door. His eyes started adapting within in the darkness and his eyes widened when he saw two children holding knifes. Tsukiyama and Nishiki immediately ambushed them and they managed to disarm them.

"Your Majesty! Are you al-", Tsukiyama stopped his words as both of them saw the king's and queen's neck has been cut. Tsukiyama and Nishiki yelled and crying when they saw their king and queen's death. Shortly, they heard someone screaming from the outside.

"Captain! There's an ambush! The new servants here, there are attacking us now!"

Tsukiyama commanded the others to protect the prince then he rushed to Touka. He told her about the assassins, Ken asked him about the king and the queen. Tsukiyama paused a moment then he told the prince that they already passed away. Ken immediately rushed out from the room and Touka followed him. They both rushed to King and Queen's chamber and Ken stopped when he saw the blood on their bed. Nishiki blocked Ken but Ken commanded him to move of his way, he hesitated but then he followed his order.

Ken saw two cold bodies under the sheet and he uncovered it, he silently crying when he saw both of his parents already gone. Touka gave him some space for a while then she, Nishiki, and Tsukiyama interrogated the assassins. Nishiki forced them to tell the mastermind but they won't said who is it as well. They said they better die rather than to say their master's name, then both of them took suicide by biting their tongue.

"Dammit! What's this?! They are well trained assassins!", cursed Nishiki.

"...We need to investigate it more. Touka, you need to take Ken to safe place first. Nishiki, you came with them. I will contact Duke Fueguchi to get reinforcement."

"Alright, captain. Touka, let's go."

Touka approached Ken and she stroked his back gently, she told him that they need to go now and Ken nodded. Nishiki, Touka, and Ken headed to secret passage and on their way, they encountered several assassins. Touka and Nishiki keep moving forward while annihilating assassins and protecting the prince at the same time. The number of their enemies were increasing gradually, Nishiki told Touka to go first meanwhile he will take care of the rest.

Touka pulled Ken's hand and before they reached their destination, Touka encountered a white-haired knight. He was standing among the pile of bodies and he glanced at them with cold gaze. Touka told Ken to step back and she charged toward the white-haired knight, surprisingly that man blocked her sword easily. His expressionless face made Touka shivered a bit and but she managed to calm herself in short time. Touka attacked him once again and at the same time, a boy attacked Ken. Touka shouted at Ken, he avoided his attack then Ken hit the boy's back neck with the sword's pommel and the boy passed out.

"...Don't underestimate me, boy.", said Ken.

Touka sighed in relief but suddenly the white knight parried Touka's sword then his sword stabbed her shoulder. Looking at Touka get hurt, Ken charged toward the enemy but the knight kicked Touka away from him and he swung his sword to Ken. Ken blocked it but the white-haired knight is too strong, Ken's sword broken and the knight's sword cut Ken's right eye. Ken yelled in pain and right before the knight attacked Ken once again, Touka thrusted her sword against the knight. Even though he dodged it, her sword managed to cut his left cheek.

"HOW DARE YOU!!!", yelled Touka as she protecting the wounded prince behind her. The white knight wiped the blood from his wound then he smirked a bit to Touka.

"Hmm, interesting... It's the first time I get wounded.", said the white knight.

First time?! Damn it, who is he actually?! No, I can't stay here too long! Ken is wounded, I need to get him out from here. But how?!

Shortly after, Touka heard someone's voice nearby; it's Tsukiyama and the others. She felt relief when she saw them safe after the battle with assassins and she thought that they could take the prince out of the battle field first. When Tsukiyama along with other knights saw Touka, all of them stopped when he saw the white-haired knight. Sweats pouring down from their head and two words goes out from Tsukiyama's mouth; White Reaper.

_____________________________________