Not an Average Sunday Morning

After our hefty breakfast Clint and I were meant to leave but somehow Tony convinced Clint and I to stay a week. Within this week I was forced to interact with all of the Avengers. I started off with Wanda, next was Rhodes- got know him and how he became War Machine, Sam who's also a Military man, Steve, Natasha, then Thor, and lastly, the science bros- Tony and Bruce. I didn't  ask too many questions and let them tell me what they wanted because I don't want them to become suspicious of me.

If I could  say anything to them I'd talk to Wanda about me becoming Inhuman and her being experimented on.  I'd tell Sam and Rhodes that if they need an update or something a bit different then Stark's designs I'd hook them up with Fitz and Mack. They would love to get their hands of Sam's falcon wings and Rhodes' war machine suit. I'd talk to Steve about what was it like to sacrifice himself for Peggy Carter, it just reminded me so much of Lincoln.

Then I'd probably try and get some tips from Romanoff on how to be a better spy and what not

Then I'd probably try and get some tips from Romanoff on how to be a better spy and what not. With Thor I'd talk to him about how I've met Lady Sif and that I would love to know more about Asgard. Lastly, I'd want to see the code used for Jarvis and how it was used for Vision but like dumbed down a lot since you know I'm a high school drop out.  Whether I wanted to admit this or not I was greatful for this. Whatever this is called helped me get and feel normal. No one was handing me pitful looks and what felt different was the fact that I was categorized as the normal in the building compared to all of the other Avengers. If only they even half of the truth.

Clint, being a sweetheart, has been secretly helping me keep a list of things that make me sick while I'm the Tower without me alerting my pregnancy to the other members of his team. I didn't want to get nauseous in front of them and be bombarded with questions so I either stuck to foods I knew I wouldn't get sick by or just eat whilst the others were busy.

Sunday morning hits and I wake up like I usually do but instead of hiding out in my room and pretending to wake up like a normal human being, I decided to go and get dressed. As soon as I walk out of my room and proceed to make my way out the exit I'm stopped by a voice calling to me and saying, "Morning Ellie! Where you up to? I hope you had a good nights rest". I turn and see Steve standing by the fridge drinking a bottle of water. I quickly and stupidly reply, " Oh it's Sunday. I was planning on going to church". Why did I say that? I could've said anything else but that came out of my mouth. I quickly turn and try to walk away but Steve hollers at me, " Hey! How about I come with you? I haven't gone to church in a long time".  Great.  "You know what? That sounds like a great idea. The more the merrier," I say with the facade of my bubbly voice. Well isn't this peachy?

I don't think I've ever gone to church since I was stuck with all of those nuns at St. Agnes. But god, I didn't think church would last a whole three hours. My phone starts to vibrate at the end of the sermon and I quickly step out to answer the call from Clint.  "Hey I came to you're room and you weren't there. Where are you? We have to leave soon," he tell me. I take a depo breath and say, " if I tell you promise me you won't laugh," Clint reluctantly agrees and then a I continue and say, "I'm at church". The other end of the line is silent until I hear a laugh emerging from Clint. " You said you wouldn't laugh. You didn't even try to hold it in," I shout.

Barton of course apologizes and then asks, " Why are you at church? I mean I'm pretty sure you're not religious". I look around before answering because I didn't want some old lady judging me and to make sure Steve was still seated. " Because I was gonna go take a walk. I've felt like I've been under a microscope and I just wanted a moment to myself where I felt like I wasn't lying to anyone. That obviously didn't happen because I ran into Steve and I lied about going to church and he, being a gentleman, volunteered to come with me," I explain. It felt good to get that off my chest. " Look, D, I get where you're coming from. I understand but don't worry. We're going home today," he responds. That makes me feel so much better.

After church ends Steve and I are walking to the tower. We're walking in silence that is bearable but Steve feels the need to speak and says, " you know I never pegged you as a woman who spends her Sundays going to church". At first I don't say anything because I don't know what to say then I remeber I'm not replying as Daisy but as Ellie which makes me state, "Well growing up in a orphanage the nuns taught us about prayer and that it would do for us. Soon after I was adopted and for some reason I just stuck with it. I mean if it brought me a family, hey it must work". I chuckle at myself for saying something so cheesy and sappy. When I turn to Steve I see him just looking at me so fully and a small smile forms on his lips. With that being the end of our conversation we happily continue our walk in silence.

As we enter the tower we're met by Clint, Tony and Vision at the doors. " Ellie," Tony shouts, "my new friend. It's now sadly time for you and Robin Hood to go home. I still can't believe that this guy right here is a parent". Tony then looks at Clint and pats his shoulders which makes me laugh and reply, "Tony, my new buddy. You will be missed. And I know it doesn't seem like it but Clinton is actually a great dad". I give my brother a smile which a returns and throws his arm around my shoulders. "It's time to go. We already promised Laura that we're coming home. So Tony no more guilting Ellie into staying," Clint demands. We all chuckle at this because we know Tony would've tried to guilt me into staying again.

Before we leave from that spot I give Vision a hug and whisper to him, " I know you're not used to this kind of thing but this can always make people feel good. Especially when they need it. You'll see". Our hug comes to an end and we smile at each other. I then turn to Steve and give him a hug as well. He was surprised by the gesture but gladly reciprocated it. Clinton and I bid the rest of his team farewell and follow Tony onto the private jet. We all take our seats and enjoy our ride.

Hours pass until we get home and as soon as we prepare to leave Tony pulls me aside. " I know we don't really know each other but seeing as I like you and the way your mind works I hope we get to hang out more. From what I could gather this week is that you're good at IT so if you ever need a job or anything, you name it and it's yours," Tony tells me while handing me a business card. I smile at this and look at him. " Thanks. It means a lot and I like you too. Let's not be strangers to each other," I respond as I give him a hug and leave the jet. If I was told this was how I was going to end my first trimester I would've thought something was wrong with me, but I can say that without a doubt this is going to be a one of a kind pregnancy.