Storytime

There we are, me and the handsome Asgardian, eating cheeseburgers from a drive-through. Thor is looking at me like a child would when you read them a story full of twist and turns. He gasps, frowns, and is full of questions. " You're mother tried to kill you and in order to save you, your father murdered his wife," he questions. I nod and place an awkward smile on my face but don't make eye contact.

His eyes are so full of wonder and confusion. Like he wants to keep digging but is so unaware of where the story was going. So far I've told him about me join S.H.I.E.L.D. as an consultant, then almost dying because of Ian Quinn, becoming an agent, S.H.I.E.L.D. falling, my friend Trip death, powers and parents. Now I'm moving onto Jemma Simmons being taken by the Monolith, Inhuman outbreak, Hive,being brainwashed, and lastly Lincoln-the father of my children. I look to Thor while I'm driving and am surprised by the sorrow in his eyes, the pain in his face. " Although I may have not lost someone I loved romantically, I have lossed a loved one. That guilt is quite devestating," he tells me as he squeezes my free hand. I give a sad smile and squeeze his hand back.

"Okay so tell me about Asgard. I thought you'd be king by now," I state. He scratches the back of his head. "I wanted time to myself," he explained, " I will become king but I only want the throne when I know I am worthy and prepared. I nod to what he's saying and then ask, " if you can wield your hammer why can't you be worthy?". He lets out a chuckle at that. "Well Lady Daisy, just because I wield this power does not mean I can lead. I have to be willing to do everything and cannot back out. Those are lives I cannot play with," he says. I understand that completely. After he divulged his life story once I was done with mine, we kept our conversation light.

"You would love Asgard. One day you shall come with me," the god of Thunder declares. I laugh at this and reply, " I believe you're right but I would never go alone. Oh, I would love if Fitz-Simmons came, they'd be amazed by everything. Hunter would try to drink an Asgardian under the table. And Mack, oh Mack, he would try getting his hands on some cool tech". Thor sees my smile, noticing that I'm reminiscing about the old days and my family. "How about Son of Coul," he wonders. My head completely twists to look at him.  I quickly say that Coulson dead. He shakes his head and says, " I know Son of Coul is alive. When I brought you up to Lady Sif, she thought I met you at the base- that I got to see Coulson as well. Not yet at least".

I pull into a parking lot because this is the kind of conversation where I need to look people in the face. "Are you mad? Because I'm just gonna say although you have every right to be, remember your strength and don't kill him. He'll be happy to see you though. Also don't tell the others. He'll want to tell them himself and it doesn't help all of you guys are specially trained in some way and could kill him in his sleep," I ramble. Something I never thought I'd hear fall out of the God of Thunder's mouth, laughter. It just hit my ears and made me smile. It was contagious. " Lady Daisy, I'm more relieved that he's alive and not dead. Yes I'm angry but only because I'm finding this out now. I was so angry when Loki killed him. I felt so guilty but I'm very pleased that he is well," he boasted.  Hmmm, getting on the wrong side of Thor would be very deadly. Good to know.

I finally pull into the drive way. Before we exit I grab Thor's arm and say, " I know you didn't have to come after me but I appreciate it. Also please don't bring up my past and powers to the others I'll announce that when I'm ready". He looks at where I put my hand and takes it. "Like you said this morning, your business is yours. So long as you aren't harming anyone, I'm fine with keeping your secrets," he whispers to me. I smile at him and then put my hand on my stomach, "we thank you," I joke. He smiles at this and he get out of the car-he helps me out too.

We enter the house only to see that it's been cleared out. No more Avengers are cooped up in the living room. Clint is the first to hear noise and come towards me. He looks me up and down and gives me a hug. "Jesus D, I know you were mad but that's too long staying silent. You could've been dead in a ditch somewhere," he worries. I smile and let him inspect me. "Calm down Clinton. I'm sorry about not being in touch. I left my phone here and besides I was in good hands," I respond as I look at Thor. He smiles at me and clears his throat, " Now that's she's safe and has returned home, I'll be going. Barton, Lady Daisy". Just like that, he spun his hammer and blasted off.

I go further into the house and see Laura. I give her a hug and say, "I'm sorry for making you worry. Both of you. It's just...  being hormonal pregnant lady with powers is not a good combination". I let out a chuckle hoping that they wouldn't think too much of it. " Next time take your phone with you. We were so worried. You're in your second trimester, you need to be careful," she orders. I tell her okay and tell them I need to rest. I walk into my room and rest my head on my pillow. Turing myself to rest on my side and putting me of my hands under my pillow. I find a note.

Dear daisy,
I'm sorry about everything that happened last night and this morning. Truly. You were right that you didn't need to help me but you still did. For that I am truly grateful. And apologetic. You didn't deserve us prying into your life like that. It wasn't right.

As you said I wouldn't have liked it happening to me. I hope we get to talk more and become friends. I apologize for starting things off with the wrong foot. You seem like a good person. I want to apologize for Nat but I already having the feeling that you don't want me intervening with a situation that doesn't do with me. I hope you work it out because like you said earlier, you guys seem like you would've hit it off. Congratulations on the boys and good luck with them.

Sincerely,
Steve

I read this letter and smiled. I knew I liked Cap for a reason. Resting alone for a while and examining the letter made me think. I should give Steve a call. With that being decided, I get up and do some digging.

" Hello," the voice on the other end of the line answered. " Hey Steve, it's Daisy," I state. I can hear him on the other side of the line sounding shocked. " How did you get this number," he asked. I smile to myself and reply, " I literally told you guys I was a hacker. Wrangling up a phone number wasn't that hard". I cans imagine him nodding his head that this. "Listen Steve, I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I hope you find what you're looking for, truly. Whether or not you believe it, I like you. You're a good man. I also find our letter and wanted to say thank you. Who knew Steve Rogers was skilled with a pen as he was a shield? And if you ever need anything, just give say the word," I told him. He thanks me for that and then wonders, " How about you and Nat?". I chuckle and say, "one step at a time Rogers. One step at a time". On that note we end our call soon after and I finally feel at ease. Guess today wasn't too bad.