16

THIRD PERSON VIEW

"And now we're gonna announce the winners of the national competition of the general subjects, year 20XX.." the host announced, making everyone go back to their seats as quick as possible.

both minji and jungmo held hands together due to minji's nervousness..

"you both can do it!" their coach told them which made them feel a little bit better.

minji was nervous but jungmo cheered her up, "no matter what the results show, i can prove to everyone that you really did worked hard! you're still my #1"

minji smiled and suddenly calmed down, "that made me feel sooo much better, thank you moo."

the host announced everything, as they got to the first place.

jungmo ranked 9th, as he accepted a certification and medal up in front.

the host then spoke, "now we present the first place, kim minji from south korea with the highest average of 98.7, congratulations!"

once they took pictures, minji saw jungmo walking away, as she tried to call him but he didn't responded back.

'ah! the firework display!' minji thought, running faster to catch up on jungmo while holding a trophy for the school to display.

then she saw jungmo, all alone in the balcony.

"woahh.." minji was amazed by the city lights

"let's go back in and drink some refreshments before watching the fireworks display." minji said but jungmo didn't replied back

"ah, must be nice having a sash, declaring you're the overall winner, getting a trophy for the school and medal & certification for yourself huh?" jungmo suddenly said

he then added, "big schools are probably looking for you now."

"jungmo? why are you saying that?"

jungmo sighed, "it feels like i didn't do my best at all. i regret everything that i didn't tried hard enough."

"but, you told once before that it's just a score, that we should never feel disappointed about it? is there a problem?"

"probably. my father's been acting all tough. i'm trying my best for his approval, even me being here, it doesn't really seem like he's proud of me but has higher expectatios instead." jungmo replied

"i mean, top 9 out of 50 is good already!"

"glad you think that way but minji, i'm enjoying my life in our school, and if father knew about this, he would nag on me, saying i should've made it to the top 3."

"well, you did well! this trophy, it's for the both of us!"

"i like how you always makes me feel comfortable, minji." jungmo said

minji smiled as she walked towards jungmo and hugged him, "feel better soon.."

then, the fireworks started,

"congratulations minji! im so proud of you."

minji looked at jungmo very closely before saying,

"you're still my #1 favorite, jungmo."