29

"freak it. we're locked up until the next morning!" i said and kicked the trash bin out of annoyance.

"dial someone!" jungmo told me and i hurriedly called for help, "no service!"

"oh come on, it might not be bad at all.. besides, we still have lights and electricity so what could go wrong?"

i was comforted by that— but i literally freaked out when the lights and electricity went out. "now what? it's hot!"

"no worries i'll just open up the window.." jungmo said

"but now it's cold?"

he sighed and chuckled, "you're still the same, confusing minji i have known..." i silently sat down the floor..

"here.." he removed his jacket and gave it to me..

"thank you, but what about you? we can share, you know." i said.. he insisted at first but then he gave up and squished besides me..

"minji.."

"hmm?"

"what if i showed up to the park? what if the surprise happened?" he asked me.

i was shooked at the question— and i don't have the guts to answer it but i did my very best.. "here you go again , what ifs.."

"i'm asking seriously tho?" he said.

"i don't know.. things might have turned around."

"turned around? like what?"

"like... we'd probably be in a relationship— and eunsang.. he would never get the chance to confess to me what he truly feels.. and this whole recovery process.. i would never be there for him." i replied back..

"you and eunsang's still not in a relationship right? how about.. how about we start over again? forget what happened, and all.."

"you think it's that easy? jungmo.. you don't know what happened to me after all these months of waiting!"

"then tell me what happened! so i could think everything, and fix everything!" jungmo said, he kept asking so i just.. said everything.

"throught the first months, i was pretty much bullied by the mean girls at school, telling me i wasn't worth it enough that's why you never showed up to the surprise.. i was ashamed, i thought it was just another prank but i opened my eyes and guess what? i ain't dreaming...."

tears started falling out of my eyes, but i tried my best to stop it.

"those months... eunsang would do his very best to make me happy, to forget everything that happened. jungmo, i was miserable and pathetic! i'm such a fool- i waited for you and i pretended to be blind— blind to not see eunsang's worth, because i only want you back then, i only want to see you!"

"minji, i can explain.. please."

"i'm not done yet. jungmo, i almost searched the entire universe just to find you! i lost in touch with you, your friends also pretended that they lost connection with you— and it's all your plan!"

"minji! let me explain!"

"but then i was reminded of eunsang, he didn't stop making me happy— and that's when i forgot about you- about us being together, because i was happy with eunsang. eunsang made me happy.."

"now, eunsang's such in a bad situation- no one knows when he will wake up! and you know? it's hurting me more! i want to give all the happiness in the world— and i'm willing to do everything just to be with him again.. 3 days felt like 3 years!"