chapter seven

When we got to the club, all the other guys we're already there, waiting outside.

I dropped Mitchel's hand and grabbed my phone,

"let me call my friend here, one second." Mitchel nodded, went up and proceeded to greet his friends.

"Hey KayKay, you guys here?" I smiled, he was one of my closest friends at one point and sometimes I missed how close we used to be.

He used to be best friends with Jake, but we ended up getting closer which, of course, made Jake really mad.

They ended up getting in a bad fight and haven't spoken since then but he and I kept in touch.

"Yeah we're outside the main entrance, are you gonna come get us? I miss you." It has been along time since we had talked but we had the kind of friendship where we didn't need to speak all the time to remain close. I would have no problem telling him every detail of my life, but I didn't need to.

"Of course, I'm on my way down right now." I could practically hear his smile from the other side of the phone.

"Okay I'll see you in a minute." I hung up, putting my phone in the clutch I decided to bring.

I walked back over to the group of boys,
noticing Christian was there now but Ryan wasn't.

"You look great Kayla," Christian pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you, so do you." He was wearing a white button down tucked into black jeans.

I greeted the rest of them with hugs, but quickly returned to Mitchel's side.

"He's on his way down now, it should just be a minute." They nodded and returned to conversation.

"KayKay!" I turned to see Ronnie walking towards me.

"Hey Ronnie!" He pulled me into a tight hug, before releasing and introducing himself to the guys behind me.

"Hey, I'm Ronnie. I'm one of the owners here. Also one of Kayla's old friends."

The boys introduced themselves in return, being really friendly like I knew the would be.

They were all so charming and sweet.

"Okay y'all just follow me and I'll take you upstairs to the VIP area."

Ronnie started walking towards the door, and I walked behind him, the boys just followed.

Mitchel came up next to me and leaned down to my ear.

"KayKay?" He questioned in amusement.

"You are never allowed to call me that." I looked at him directly in the eyes.

He put his hands up, claiming innocence. "Alright, KayKay, I won't," he just laughed.

I slapped his arm, "Mitchel dontttt." The dumb nickname was what people would call me in high school and I would much rather never think about those years.

Ronnie was the only exception because I had genuinely known him that long.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." He grabbed my hand and bent down, placing a kiss on my temple.

I turned and smiled at him, trying to ignore the way he made me feel.

"I guess I forgive you." I giggled, leaning more into him.

The bouncer moved out of the way after seeing Ronnie and let us all through.

We followed him through a pretty busy section in the club and tried to quickly make our way through the crowd.