chapter eleven

I had been on this damn train for an hour already and I was miserable.

I wasn't comfortable enough to take a nap and pass time, and I had gone through every source of entertainment on my phone and gotten bored of them.

I was texting Mitchel, he was on the bus and they hadn't gotten to Philadelphia yet either. He said if he got there before me that he'd come meet me at the train station and if I got there that I'd better come straight to the venue so he could see me as soon as he got there.

It was 9:45 in the morning and I still had about 45 minutes on this stupid train ride. My phone buzzed and I expected it to be Mitchel but when I looked down, Jake's name appeared on my screen. I rolled my eyes before I even read the message, thankful I was going out of town and was nowhere near him.

Jake: Can we talk? I miss you.
Me: no jake, don't text me again.
Jake: please baby, I'm so sorry for what I did

I ignored it, and replied to Mitchel's text instead.

Mitchel: we're really close, how far are you?
Me: Still about 45 minutes
Mitchel: Okay, I'll come pick you up then, is that still okay?
Me: Of course, can't wait to see you :)

I put my head against the back of my seat and closed my eyes, hoping I'd fall asleep and time would fly by.

After what seemed like the longest train ride in the world, we finally pulled up the station. Mitchel had been there for about 15 minutes, waiting on me. He was getting impatient and I was about on the same level. I couldn't wait to see him and the anticipation was driving me crazy.

The doors opened and I grabbed my bag and practically ran out of the doors. I looked around desperately for him, but didn't see him anywhere. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number, and he answered before the first ring finished. "Are you here? Where are you? I don't see you" His voice filled the phone before I could get out a word. "Yeah Mitchel I'm here, where are you?"

"Uhhh," he started, most likely searching for something that'd tell me where he was. "By the bathrooms." I looked up and saw a sign that read restrooms and had an arrow. I followed the arrow, my feet moving as fast I could move them without running.

I saw him about the same time he saw me. He started walking over towards me, a giant smile already plastered across his face.

When he got to me I dropped my bags, standing up on my tip toes and wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. His arms snaked around my waist and he pulled me closer to him.

I had missed being close to him like this, as much as we had talked while he was away, it would've been way better if I had been laying on him and he had been tracing circles on my hand.

"I've missed you," he whispered into my ear. "I missed you too." I said into his ear. He pulled away slightly but placed a chaste kiss on my lips before letting me go. I smiled softly, happy to be able to kiss him anytime I wanted to now.

"Okay I wish we could take our time but they're already upset with me for leaving the venue." He grabbed my bag off of the floor for me, and used his other hand to grab mine, intertwining our fingers.