chapter fifteen

The show was amazing, as expected. He came off stage in a really good mood, which was also expected.

They had packed up the bus and were just hanging around, drinking and talking. We were spread out on the couches, and talking about what to do on their day off. It was two days away and we would be in Atlanta.

"We should go to Target later," I don't know why the idea popped into my head. "Why?" Mitchel questioned. "I don't know, Target's fun." I shrugged, and he laughed a little.

"Okay lets go," he spoils me I swear to god. "Do any of y'all wanna come?" They all shook their heads, returning to their conversation.

"You and me?" I smiled over at him. He nodded, "I guess it's a date." We got up and waved bye to the guys.

Aaron reminded us to be back before the bus left and we assured him we would before ordering an uber to come get us. Target was too far to walk and an uber was just a better idea. Mitchel took pictures and said hi to a few fans before our uber pulled up and he said bye.

When we got to Target, I grew excited. He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers on the way in. "So what exactly did you want to buy here?"

"Well, I definitely wanna get some disposable film cameras for my project." He nodded, "that's cute."

"And I don't know, anything else I find that I want. Target has literally everything." He just laughed and went along with my insanity.

We got one of the small baskets to carry around incase we got too much stuff to hold. I went to get the disposable cameras first, sure to not get distracted and forget the whole reason we were there. I put them into the basket that Mitchel was carrying, "Okay where should we look first?" He laughed, "let's just walk around and pick up things that look fun." The first thing we picked up was a bottle of liquor, "this is a good idea right?" I asked while setting the bottle down in the basket. "Definitely a good idea." We ended up with a basket full of useless, random shit we didn't need. It contained glow sticks, balloons, paint, glitter, and some socks that had hotdogs on them. Oh, and a shit ton of snacks. We checked out and walked out with several bags in our arms. "Where should we go now?" He asked, but I didn't know. "Let's just go sit over there or something?"

So, here we were, sat on the ground in the back of the target parking lot, with our liquor and crafts. Mitchel opened the liquor bottle, "we should've bought cups to put this in." I shrugged, "just drink it out of the bottle." He laughed but took a swig from it. I grabbed it out of his hand and took a long drink. I grabbed the camera out of the bag and took a picture of him before he could react. "Hey, not fair, I wasn't even paying attention." I wish I could see the photo but I guess that's one of the downfalls of the disposable camera thing. "That's the point, they're candid." He shook his head, "fine but I'm gonna take pictures of you when you're not paying attention too." I rolled my eyes, "whatever Mitchel," but before I could say anything else I was interrupted by the flash of one of the other cameras we had bought. "Mitchel!" He chuckled loudly, "I told you." I grabbed the bottle and took another drink, the warmth of it filling me. Mitchel grabbed the bottle and held up the case of glitter we bought, "we bought liquor and glitter in the same purchase, that's some crackhead shit." I pulled out my phone and took a picture of him posing with the two items. I captioned it 'we hard as fuck @MitchelCave' and posted it on my instagram story, finding it really funny. "What are we gonna do with this paint?" He opened the bottle. "I don't know, we didn't even buy brushes." He put some on his fingers, before looking up at me. "Don't you fucking dare," he laughed before swiping his paint covered fingers on my leg. "Mitchel!" I swatted his hand, grabbing a different tube of paint and returning the favor by putting some blue on his arm. "Now we're even," he took another drink of the vodka. I started feeling it in my cheeks, a sign I was mostly tipsy. "Kayla, you are such a lightweight I can see it in your face already." I giggled lightly, "I can't help it. Alcohol gets to me," for someone who partied and drank so often my tolerance was weirdly low. It was helpful at times though cause I didn't have to drink so much to get drunk. I took another drink, and he just laughed. "Are we really getting drunk in the parking lot of Target?" I nodded slowly, "yes. Yes we are, now drink up." I was still giggling like a maniac. I offered the bottle his way and he took another long swig. He took out a cigarette and put it between his lips, lighting it and taking a drag. "I love watching you do that," I don't know why I said that. He took it out and held it between his index and middle finger. "Why is that?" He questioned in amusement. "It's just like... fun to watch you." He laughed slightly at my intoxicated words. I swear alcohol boosted my confidence, I'd say whatever I was thinking. I grabbed the camera and took another picture of him while he took another hit. "You're so pretty Mitchel," I took another drink from the bottle. "Thank you babe, I think you're pretty too." I was way more drunk than him and it was obvious. "Like I just look at you and I wanna kiss you and hug you so much. Like all the time." I was talking nonsense but he seemed amused. He took another few swigs, most likely trying to get where I was. "You can kiss and hug me anytime you want to." He smiled cheekily. I caught him off guard by reaching over and grabbing his face and laying one on him. He looked slightly surprised when I pulled back which caused me to start giggling again. "You said anytime I wanted to," if only I could control my actions. Within the next half an hour we were beyond drunk in the goddamn Target parking lot.