VII

Alfie's POV.

Merlin and Haru told me to take a day off, they seemed worried about me because of my never ending problems and I can't face them together in one swoop. I gladly take it and roam within the streets of Prart and Hoburns to loaf around and take some peace for change.

???: Oi! Alfie!!

A feminine voice rang out behind me, when I turn around to see who it was, I happily smile and wave my hand on her. It was Neia Baraja, the squire of the Holy Kingdom and Sir Pavel's daughter.

 It was Neia Baraja, the squire of the Holy Kingdom and Sir Pavel's daughter

(Neia Baraja)

Alfie: Hey Neia, how's your training? Doin good?

Neia: uh...yeah. I think?

Alfie: Whoa, what's with that doubtful tone? Did something BAD happen?

Neia: No, it's just...*Sigh* I don't know Alfie.

Neia seems confused on something. As her best friend, I worriedly ask her what was her problem while taking some walk to the central park of Prart. We sat down on a bench and waited for her to start talking but she didn't make any single noise which is kind of strange because she's a talkative noisy one.

Alfie: Neia, I maybe a half baked magic caster but I can't read minds. Tell me, what happened?

I heard a sharp pusillanimous sigh before she spoke,

Neia: Alfie , do you think I do not have the standards to be a paladin like my mother?

Alfie: Eh?

Neia: I've worked hard, train more, and making myself more compatible in battling but still..why did I always feel like I am not meant for that?

Oh..so that was her problem after all. Neia's mom was a great paladin and her dad was an archer and a former member of Holy Kingdom's Nine Colors. She dreamt to be a paladin just like her mom but in ended up in a different way. She inherit her father's archery skills and even the fierce-looking eyes on him, much more of Neia's disappointment.

Alfie: Well, I can't give you an exact answer since it's quite personal but in my opinion, if your skills and talent were opposing from your dream, why don't you change your goals?

Neia: But..I want to be a paladin Alfie.

Alfie: I know. But.. Why don't you try to accept it and surpass your fathers legacy? Since you're good in handling a bow and had a precised kuwai eyes of yours. *Smile*

She didn't answer me and create a melancholic atmosphere. Ugh, if this escalates, I won't be able to enjoy my relaxation day..think Alfie, THINK!!