X

Alfie's POV.

After that skirmish, most of the guards thanked us for helping them. I am not practically used to this encomiast so I move out from the scene and continue my loafing time. Geez, Neia and Sir. Pavel surely waste most half of my day.

While roaming through the peaceful alleys of Hoburns, I suddenly encountered a small commotion on a small stall, i got curious because they kept yelling on someone and it disturbs the moment of peace and creating such nuisance so I heroically intervene and what I saw shocked my systems for good.

I quickly stopped the huge man from kicking the fragile girl whose awfully lying on the ground clutching a burned bread on her arms. I set my death glare to the man but he didn't even flinched and starts to blabbling something while pointing his finger on me then back to the girl..

Alfie: Even if this girl did do wrong, you're not allowed to hurt her in your own barbaric way mister.

Man: She's a damn thief! A criminal like her doesn't belong to this place. She also needs a lesson for stealing my bread!

Alfie: Stealing? Are you saying that your still franchising it beyond its burned and tattered look? As far as I can think off, she took it from the garbage and not directly from your stall mister.

Man: Are you saying that I'm lying? How dare you accused me with no evidence!!

Alfie: To be blunt, your the one who accused yourself Mister. I am only saying what I saw with my Clairvoyance.

Man: Clairvoyance? What are you, a Priestess or Mage?

My right eye twitched as i heard his insult but I let it slide, knowing that this mocking banter wouldn't go on a nice and good way, I reached my pocket and properly gave him two small piece of gold coins to stop.

Alfie: This is the payment for the burned bread Mister. Please keep the change and let the girl go.

I turn around and help the girl to stand up but the man didn't stop and tries to whacked me with his rusty metal pole. I sighed annoyingly before cradling the girl tightly, summoned monochrome and cut his weapon in pieces. He stammered and starts to shake. Everyone knows my weapon and me as a new member of Nine Colors. He quickly kneeled down and smash his head to the ground pleading to spare his life.

Alfie: I forgive you but next time you spread such wrong information like this and beat someone like her, I'll hunt you down and present you to the council without second thoughts, got that mister?

He rapidly nod his head, still hitting the solid ground before take his escapade like a coward. I disperse my weapon and carry the girl from the unwanted crowd of humans. I took her to the park and healed her bruises.

Alfie: You're alright now but please, if you want something, ask politely. They will-...

???: I asked for this b-bread but he d-idn't gave it.

Fudge, I almost slipped! I actually didn't use my clairvoyance earlier, I've just knew that because there was a bunch of burnt bread on the garbage.

Alfie: ..oh. I see, but you should go away if he didn't want to give that piece of trash.

She didn't answer me instead, she looked at me with sadness in her eyes. This girl, she looks like she haven't eat a decent food since yesterday. She's quite ashen and weak before I healed her. Her clothes were tattered and bit old..and too much for me to look at if I can describe it right now.