Third Chapter

Harley felt something attach to his backpack, and he felt himself shoot upwards, landing safely on the sidewalk. Harley looked up to see Spider-Man webbing the back of the car, and pulling back. The car slowed down, finally coming to a stop. Spider-Man fell backwards when the car stopped, but he was able to flip to land on the ground safely.

Spider-Man walked to help the driver up, asking him what happened. The man explained that the miles per hour was increasing and he couldn't stop it. Spider-Man walked over to the car, looking into the car to find the problem. Apparently, Spider-Man found something wrong, and told the driver to leave the car for the police.

Spider-Man walked over to Harley then, asking if he was okay. Harley nodded, still worked up over it. He could have gotten seriously hurt, maybe even died from a hit like that. If Spider-Man hadn't saved him...

"Well, I have to go, that webbing on your backpack should disappear in two hours maximum," Spider-Man said gesturing towards the white, silky, and sticky string type item that was floating in the wind on Harley's backpack. Before the young Stark could reply, Spider-Man was webbing away, screaming into the wind above the civilians.

Harley laughed watching the red and blue figure disappear in the horizon. Harley then turned, walking into the coffee shop, waiting for his crush to show up, if he did show up, which wasn't a guarantee.

Harley just hoped he wouldn't be caught by anyone. That would be embarrassing and probably ruin his chance at having a real friend that actually liked him for him. Harley could remember people that his father had tried to push him into a friendship with. It was a heartfelt gesture, but more times than not, that friend Tony tried to get for him just wanted favors.

Harley sat at a table far away from the table and under one of the TVs. Harley opened his laptop, signing into the free Wi-Fi. Harley started tapping on codes and other basic procedures to start up the AI.

The door jingles open, and Peter Parker walks in, looking around the shop before his eyes landed on Harley. Peter smiled at the teenager, walking over to sit beside him. Peter brought out his own laptop, the standard issued Stark Industries intern laptop, and signing into the Wi-Fi as well.

"What have you gotten done?" Peter asked looking at Harley's laptop, before looking at his, bringing up the platform he would be making it on.

"I only have some basic stuff. I didn't want to get into it too much in case there was something specific you wanted to do," Harley smiled as he said that. Peter nodded, and they started working together, making jokes as they did.

"I live with my parents, and all my aunts and uncles. I love them, I do, but they are so overprotective," Harley admitted, laughing at the idea of his family being overbearing. "What about you? Who do you live with?" 

"I actually live at an orphanage. My parents were in a plane crash when I was little, and then my Aunt and uncle got shot. I was adopted but I had to get out of that," Peter said looking down at the memories.

"I'm sorry I asked. Sometimes I don't think before I speak, just like my father," Harley admitted knowing that Tony never, ever thought about what he was saying before he said it. Pepper said that's why she went to the meetings instead of him.

"It's fine, I don't try to hide it. But one of these days I'll be all by myself in the big city of New York," Peter said looking around the small coffee shop to see barely anyone in there other than them. "And I can't wait until that day."

"I'll always have my family, no matter how hard I may try to get rid of them. But I love them more than anything in the world, so maybe it won't be that bad," Harley said with a smile, remembering how much he loves his family, and how grateful he was for them.

"I remember my mother's face. She had eyes like mine, but her hair was darker. She always had it in a side braid, with the kindest smile on the world," Peter said closing his eyes. "I can't remember what my dad looked like. But I can remember my uncle. He was my hero, and I always wanted to be like him. He worked hard to provide for me and my aunt, even in his final day."

"If you could go back in time, would you save your uncle?" Harley asked, no longer paying attention to the AI, just focusing on Peter and what his answer would be.

"If I could go back in time, I wouldn't save him because he was always meant to die. Movies have taught us that. But I would make sure he knew how much I loved him," Peter said. "I was really mad at him the day he was shot, and I didn't get to tell him how much he meant to me. And it was stupid why I was mad at him, I can't even remember why I was mad at him."

"I'm sorry," Harley said not knowing what to say to that. But Harley knew that his crush wasn't wavering any time soon. "But on a brighter note, I got to met Spider-Man. He actually saved me from being hit by a ran away car."

"I'm not sure how you almost getting hurt is a good thing," Peter laughed getting Harley to blush again at how adorable his laughter was. Harley could not believe how fast he fell in love and how deep, but looking back at the laughing Peter, Harley could believe it.

"Well, I have to go," Harley said with a smile, knowing that this was a great experience. "Can I get your number just in case I can't make it tomorrow?"

"Oh, sure, but I hope you do show up. I'm having a lot of fun working on the AI," Peter said making Harley blush even deeper. Peter pulled out an old, black flip phone and told Harley his number. Harley out the number in his phone, a new Stark Phone.

"See you later, Keener," Peter said with a smile, walking away leaving behind a profoundly blushing Harley who could not tell you how many times he had blushed that week.