Fifth Chapter

"I'm bored. We should do something!" Peter remarked, slamming his head down on the keys of his computer. In Peter's hand was his fifth cup of coffee. Peter turned his head to face Harley, "What do you say, Rapunzel? Wanna see the world with Flynn Rider?"

"Shouldn't your name be Eugene Fitzherbert?" Harley said raising an eyebrow with a small laugh. Peter shrugged, standing up and holding the door open. Harley cleaned up the table, grabbing Peter's laptop for him. Once that was all done, Harley walked out the door with Peter following behind him.

"Where do you wanna go?" Peter asked, looking around the busy streets of New York during midday. His senses buzzer to life, trying to soak in the fast paced scene. Even after going through this before, it made Peter a little dizzy and nauseous every time he came outside.

"Anywhere. I want to see New York through the eyes of Peter Parker," Harley said, his senses not enhanced but still overwhelmed by the sheer force of New York.

"Lucky for you, Rapunzel, Peter Parker is right here," Peter said using a nickname he just has for Harley now. Not that Keener minded, instead finding it cute. "But I must ask if your claustrophobic, scared of the dark, and how flexible you are."

"Now I'm intrigued how you get around. Led the way, Eugene," Harley said coming up with his own nickname for Peter. The latter just smiled grabbing Harley's hand to let him down an alleyway. Cue more of Harley's blushing.

Harley followed Peter down the winding streets before they started climbing up crates of different bold colors, jumping onto a fire escape. Peter and Harley climbed up it, stopping when they got to the roof. Peter turned to face Harley, "Do you trust me?"

Harley looked at Peter, staring into his doe brown eyes. Harley wanted to stay like that, just looking into each other's eyes. And for the first time in a long time, Harley wasn't blushing, or doing anything weird. He was just listening to his heartbeat. "I actually think I do."

"Then, jump," Peter said turning to run across the rooftop, jumping when he reached the edge onto the other roof in a roll. Peter let out a rose of laughter, making Harley blush again.

I trust you, Harley thought as he started running. Reaching the edge, Harley let out a war cry and jumped. The Wind blew through his hair as gravity have up on him for a moment. He had no responsibility, and no image to uphold. It was just Harley and the blowing wind. And when Harley landed, there was a teenage boy with good looks, a kind soul, a smart head, and the heart of Harley Keener.

"That was awesome," Harley said letting Peter help him up from the roof. Harley had rolled like Peter, but he stopped when his feet where out in front of him, sitting up instead of standing up.

"It really is, and we're here now," Peter said gesturing towards the street down below were people were talking, a woman was walking her dog, and a few teens were skate boarding. A few fences kept people from wandering in the alleyways, with graffiti on some of the other walls.

"Where are we?" Harley asked, not knowing where these place was. They couldn't be that far from Avengers Tower, so maybe Harley had passed by but didn't realize that they were there.

"No where. This street doesn't have a name, so people just call it no where. We're close to Queens, where I'm from," Peter said with a shrug, now pointing out people. "That woman on the steps? Her name is Sally Joe, and if you give her a dime, she'll tell you one of the best stories you'll ever here. That man on the street corner? His name is Michael, and he'll teach you how to make money, both legally and illegally. Those kids over there? Their names are Phillip, Melody, and Dominic East. They are all adopted but they stick together like family. And Melody can make the best drinks in the world. Those two old men playing chess? One's name is Stan, the other is Charlie. They will teach you history and chess at the same time. Stan can even tell you about all the crazy things that happen in New York."

"I have a dime if you want to hear a story," Harley said pulling out a dime from his back pocket. Harley kept his emergency money in his shoe, a place barely anyone could get to easily.

"Awesome," Peter said looking at the other side of the roof, climbing down the fire escape with Harley following behind them. They crossed the street to the steps where the old woman was staring at the birds in her cozy quilt. She had white hair and gray eyes, her skin all wrinkled but a small smile was on her face.

"Ah, Peter, who is this?" Sally Joe asked staring at Harley who just gave her a small smile and a wave. Sally Joe smiled extra bright at that, waving back slowly.

"This is my new friend, Harley Keener. And Miss Sally Joe, would you mind telling my new friend over here one of your amazing stories for a dime?" Peter asked, getting a country accent at the end.

"I'll tell any friend of Peter's a story for free, but the dome would be appreciated, Mister Keener," Sally Joe said. Peter laughed as Harley handed over the dime, which she pocketed away.

Sally Joe began telling Harley and Peter about the spirit of a dragon that floated around New York in search of a host. Sally Joe said that the spirit hadn't been around New York in awhile.

"Maybe it went to Jersey to avoid the stink of this place," Peter whispered to Harley in his ear, making Harley laugh quietly. Sally Joe have them a look, making them both shut up from their spot on the stairs.

"We better get going, thanks for the story and goodbye Miss Sally Joe," Peter said getting up. Harley waved goodbye and they both walked away. Sally Joe just hummed in response.