Fourth Chapter

Harley plopped down from his vent, landing on the ground with perfect grace. And by that, Harley fell in his butt when he landed. Harley stood up slowly, rubbing his butt as he looked around.

Harley's room looked exactly the same, so he knew he had successfully snuck out. Harley laughed in victory as he sat at his desk, starting on his homework. Though Harley was home schooled so maybe it was just work. Whatever it was, Harley was doing it at his desk.

Sooner rather than later, Harley was called down for dinner, seeing as spent the entire afternoon with Peter at the coffee shop. That had to prove that Peter at least tolerated Harley, right?

Harley couldn't help but feel a little guilty as he sat beside his dad, knowing that some where out there Peter was in an orphanage. But Harley pushed away the feelings as he began talking to the Avengers, his family.

"So what did you do all day?" Steve asked Harley, knowing that he didn't leave his room the entire day. Tony and Sam looked at Harley as well wanting an answer.

"I was just working on a project," Harley said, technically not lying. He did work on a project, just maybe not where they expected and with who. Harley wasn't ready to tell them about Peter, just like Harley wasn't ready to tell Peter about his family.

"What was the project? Do you want me to take a look at it?" Tony asked. Steve seemed satisfied with Harley's answer, but Sam just stared at Harley with interest. Sam was waiting for Harley to give something away, and Harley was determined to keep his lips sealed on the matter.

"No, I just started. And it's just some coding and other computer related stuff," Harley shrugged, not lying as he looked Tony in the eye. Harley then turned back to eat his spaghetti and meatballs that Steve cooked.

"That sounds fun. Good luck with that, and tell me when your done so I can look over it," Tony smiled, turning around to talk to Bruce about science. Harley just bummed in reply, knowing that Sam was giving him a look, one that Harley ignored.

Harley randomly listened to the other conversations, them all relatively uninteresting. Harley couldn't say anything, knowing that his family would freak if they knew he snuck out. And after they would freak, they would go scare Peter off. It was better for everyone if Harley just kept it a secret, at least until Harley knew that Peter liked him, or maybe loved him.

"May I be excused?" Harley asked once he was done. Tony nodded before going back to his debate with Steve on some random topic. Harley went to wash off his plate, putting it back in it's place when he was done. Harley turned around to be met face to face with Sam and Natasha.

"He has a look in his eyes," Sam said to Natasha. The latter grabbed Harley's face, raising it up so that they were staring at each other eye to eye. It was a long few seconds before Natasha let go.

"He does," Natasha said ominously, walking away. Harley let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and walked back up to his room. Harley flopped on his bed, pulling out his phone to look at Peter's contact. After a very long debate, Harley decided to send a text message.

Keener: Hey

Harley waited as patiently as he could to see if Peter would text back, that entire time spent rethinking his decision.

Parker: wassup?
Keener: nothing much, you?
Parker: just running around the city
Keener: exciting 😂
Parker: it really is. You should join me one of these days, it's pretty spectacular
Keener: wait you were serious?
Parker: more or less.
Keener: wow id love to go but the witch has trapped me in the tower, and my hair isn't long enough to pull you up
Parker: Well rapunzel, I'll see you tomorrow
Keener: see you then

And the great and prominent blushing of Harley Keener Stark began. And he just couldn't wait until tomorrow, because that smart orphan boy by the name of Peter Parker was someone that Harley knew he would feel a bad heartbreak of things went south, yet still wanted to fall for him.