Twenty Fifth Chapter

"He should be healing up now. It will definitely take time for his stomach to come back to what it should be, but I think with some work, we can get it back in maybe a month or two," Bruce said looking over the medical notes that Doctor Cho helped him get from Peter who was in the medical bay at the moment.

Harley nodded, knowing that Skip, that demon, and Dr. Sought were on the Raft until their trail. Harley didn't understand why they needed a trail, they had all sorts of proof against them, but apparently SHIELD needed a lawful authority to allow them to permanently have someone on the Raft. But Natasha assured Harley Skip and Dr. Sought would lose the trail within an hour.

"I think we should all try and get some sleep. Peter is currently sleeping, so he won't be able to answer any questions or anything," Bruce said, looking towards Tony and Natasha. They all knew they weren't going to get Harley to go to sleep so soon, so they didn't see the point in trying.

"Please try and get some sleep tonight, okay?" Pepper said quietly, kissing Harley on the forehead and giving him a hug. Harley just nodded again, telling everyone goodnight. Natasha and Tony didn't settle for that, giving Harley a hug before they left, leaving the boy alone in the waiting room.

Harley took a deep breath as his hand gripped the metal door knob into the medical room. Harley twisted it, stepping into the cold room. He looked around, soaking in the details as his mind wandered.

The room was painted white, with one wall being an entire window into New York. There was a bed with medical equipment around it, attaching itself to the sleeping form of Peter. A chair was beside the window in the corner, and a small bedside table had a lamp on it for extra light. But the only light in the room was the starlight and city lights from the window.

Harley grabbed the chair, moving it to Peter's beside so Harley could watch Peter and the window at the same time. Harley sat down, looking over Peter's form, wishing he could do something to make it all better. Wishing that he could go back in time and stop whatever happened.

"I'm sorry I doubted you. I really thought you didn't love me, that you didn't want to be in love with a Stark. But this entire time, you've been... fighting, to remember love in general," Harley said sighing as he grabbed Peter's hand, squeezing it tightly. "I love you, Peter. I really do, and I did even after you broke up with me. And I hope you can still love me after everything you've been through."

There was no reply except the steady beating of the heart machine. Harley didn't know what he expected to happen, or if he even wanted answer. Harley just sat there, clutching the only slightly warm hand of Peter, hoping that he would wake up soon, and tell Harley that he did love him. But a small part of Harley knew that what he wished for might not even happen.

Harley laid his head down, tears streaming across his face quickly as he shook with sobs. He started begging, through the watery droplets that fell from his eyes, "I'm sorry, Peter, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

But there was still no reply, leaving Harley alone in his apologies and tears. Not like Harley even noticed, he was so wrapped up. Harley was now just praying that Peter could somehow hear him, that Peter would forgive him for what he did.

And what did Harley do? The teenager didn't know. Maybe he was apologizing for doubting Peter, maybe for letting this happen. But it made Harley feel better with each apology and each tear that came from his heart. That came from his love.

Harley snapped upwards as he heard a crack on glass. Looking around, he found a small crack in the glass of the window. Harley stood up, wiping the tears away from his eyes, walking over to crack. He stood in front of it, wondering where it came from. But as he fingers touch the glass, something popped up scaring him to death. But it scared him more when he realised what it all meant.