Twenty Eighth Chapter

"Should you really be here, kid?" Tony called in his Iron Man suit as he flew around the silver and blue dragon. He had no idea things like this even existed, and still had trouble believing what was happening, even though he had seen a lot of weird stuff in his time as Iron Man. This didn't even get close to taking the cake, but it was still pretty close.

"I'll stop at daybreak, until then, you're stuck with me and the night dragon," Spider-Man called out, landing on the dragon, trying to use his webbing as reigns, getting the dragon to fly where he saw fit. Leaning back, Peter was able to get the dragon to fly upwards, above the rest of the buildings.

"This is weirder than normal stuff," Clint said under his breath, shooting arrows at the dragon while standing on the edge of the broken glass window. Natasha was also shooting bullets, trying to avoid Peter. The other Avengers were downstairs trying to help civilians, or on the roof. The only ones fighting the dragon was Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, the Falcon, War Machine, Vision, and the Scarlet Witch, along with the new addition of Spider-Man. Everyone else was, again, on the ground evacuating.

"Not weirder than Budapest," Natasha gave a half smile to her best friend, before claiming they should go down to help. evacuate. Their arrows and bullets were doing no damage, and they themselves couldn't get to the dragon without flying abilities. Clint agreed, and they left their vantage point.

Spider-Man wasn't sure if damage could be done to the creature. It was more of a waiting game, holding the creature's attention till sunrise. And even then, Peter wasn't sure what woukd happen at the first signs of day. But that was all Peter had in terms of a plan at the moment. 

"How long until sunrise?" Spider-Man yelled as he was getting bucked off. Luckily, he stuck onto the creatures back, waiting there until something pushed him off or made him want to get off.

"Three hours, why?" Tony said, landing a blast at the creatures eye, making the night dragon roar in pain, flying upwards, before coming straight down to hit Tony. But Peter grabbed onto his webs, pulling the creature back up into the air, away from Tony who was just now ducking. 

"Because that's when the creature will stop fighting. It was in a prophecy, or maybe just the rules but they rhymed," Spider-Man yelled, shrugging even though no one would be able to see him do that.

"That is unfortunate," Vision said calmly into the night, his voice able to carry even through everything that was happening. He aimed the mind stone, making a large scar in the side of the creature, but the scar soon disappeared, and all that was left was an angry dragon.

Before the dragon could get to Vision, a red mist coated it, dragging it away from where it started. Wanda was standing on top of the Avengers Tower roof, using her magic to help everyone else. She could move the dragon, move people to help them dodge, and she could even move the blasts and missiles everyone else sent to make sure they landed correctly. She was a huge advantage to the Avengers.

"So, we're just distracting? Can we do any solid damage?" War Machine asked, sighing as he shot another missile at the creature, only for the explosion to do nothing. The Falcon flew through the smoke, hitting the dragon to knock the flames it was fixing to spout out off course.

"Exactly, keep it away from people and buildings. Easy peasy lemon squeezy," Spider-Man said, doing a handstand on the creature, before slamming his feet down on the creature, knocking the fire it tried to shoot again off course, because life would be bad if Wanda got hit.

"That's not easy, kid, but good attitude," Tony said, landing on the roof beside Wanda after he got shot out of the sky by the tail of the dragon. He went flying back up after a few seconds, not wanting to rest for a single second.

They kept on doing that, trying to keep.the casualties and damage to a minimum. And it was working out great. They were a great team, and Spider-Man was actually a really good hero, able to keep the teams spirits up while keeping the dragon from doing any damage. He was still riding the dragon as if it was a horse, but that wasn't something to question if it was working.

"The suns coming up, guys. We should get the dragon to go as high up as possible," Spider-Man said, watching all the Avengers who could fly, shoot higher in the air. Spider-Man and the Scarlet Witch just used their respective powers to move the dragon upwards.

The first ray of the sun shot across the sky, piercing through the darkness and landing across the dragon. The blue and silver drained down into red and gold, its wings stretched across the clouds, looking almost pleased with itself before dropping down.

Spider-Man let out a yelp as he jumped up from the dragon, flying a little higher before dropping back down. Spider-Man shot a web, swinging around the tower before landing on the roof, right next to Wanda. The other Avengers slowly landed beside them, watching the dragon morph into something else.

A dagger collided into the ground, it's hilt just being a red and gold dragon hugging the part of an unseen blade. People freaked when they saw it, but Harley was the one brave enough to pick it up. He smiled as he recognized the once intimidating beast.

"They did it," Harley smiled looking up to see Spider-Man standing high above the people, perched up on the roof of Harley's home. Harley just smiled, running into the building to catch up to Peter.

"Stop running with a dagger!"

"Shut up, Cap, let him be."