Seventeenth Chapter

Natasha Romanoff stood next to Clint Barton in Peter's room. They both had their heads cocked to the side as they stared at the bed where one Peter Parker had his arm wrapped around their nephew, Harley Keener. Both boys had their feet dangling off the side if the bed, with a laptop in Peter's lap that was still open but it was dead. They were asleep in the middle area of the bed, both laid back like one of them fell asleep and couldn't keep them sitting upright.

That wasn't what had the two spies in their questioning state, instead the reason being that Peter was shirtless with a bandage wrapped around his torso. But the two spies were concerned on the shirtless part.

"Come on, they totally made out or something worse," Clint said, rather loudly considering the two were sleeping. Clint motioned drastically to Peter's form, trying to prove his point to the redhead.

"They were obviously watching a movie, Clint, so get your head out of the gutters," Natasha said in her calm voice that seemed quiet in comparison to Clint's voice. "And Peter is only shirtless because of that wound."

"Maybe the movie was just a cover up. And he still could have put his shirt back on after he bandaged the wound," Clint argued, his dad and spy instincts taking a highlighting moment to surface. Because if Harley did do what Clint was arguing for, a) a long talk and b) blackmail.

"Why do you do this, Clint? Why would our sweet, innocent Harley Keener would make out or worse with the honorable guest known as Spider-Man? That's insane," Natasha said waving her hand to dismiss Clint's notions about the matter.

"You want to bet, Natasha?" Clint said, just knowing he was right. Clint probably forgot that he was talking to the always right Natasha Romanoff, but those thoughts never crossed Clint's mind when they should.

"Bet? Do you remember Budapest? I always win bets," Natasha said crossing her arms as she gave Clint a look. The memories were ever present in her mind when she thought about that huge bet she made with Clint.

"Not this time, Romanoff, let's do this. Name your price," Clint said waving his hand at that one occasion Natasha won a bet he was completely sure he would win. But Clint was definitely forgetting about every other occasion Natasha won.

"My price is that you will stop questioning me when I say I'm right. Obviously, you have issues with that matter, even though everyone else has learned," Natasha said, bringing her hand out for Clint to shake. Clint gave a smirk as he shook her hand, not even flinching when she twisted his arm to make him feel immense pain.

"FRIDAY! Did Peter and Harley do anything PG-13 rated last night?" Clint called out loudly to the roof, knowing that FRIDAY would have the answer from the security cameras that were now installed in Harley's room.

"No, Mr. Barton. Shall I send you the footage?" FRIDAY answered. The only answer she got was Clint letting out a groan of defeat, and Natasha laughing with an evil smirk. But those "answers" woke up Harley who was instantly blushing as he realized his position and the two former SHIELD agents. Peter woke up because of that, and he jumped up with his arms up for combat, his eyes wild as he looked for an enemy. All Peter found was Harley, who was now on the floor because of Peter's reaction.

"Okay, Romanoff, you win. You're always right, I'm always wrong. But this ain't over, Harley and Peter, I will catch you win you do something higher than PG rated..." Clint said jumping up into the open vent, leaving Natasha as she face palmed.

"Put a shirt on, it's breakfast time," Natasha said walking outside, shutting the door behind her. Peter just grabbed his shirt from yesterday, putting it on.

"Did they bet on us?" Peter asked, confused on what just happened. He didn't remember falling asleep, but he knew that Harley feel asleep on him last night after they addressed his Spider-Man wound and how worrisome Harley could be.

"Don't question it."