Eleventh Chapter

Harley walked across the street to the coffee shop, his heart beating fast in his chest. This was it, probably there last day of making of their AI, and the day that Harley would let his cards be shown. Maybe Peter would still like him, maybe Peter wouldn't. Harley was playing a game of chance.

Outside the coffee shop, right beside the door, was the boy in question. Peter was standing there, tapping his head to an unknown beat that was probably playing in his head. Peter smiled when he saw Harley, making Harley feel even worse.

"Okay, I know we need to finish our AI, but I really wanted to show you some place. I want to make up for what happened last night," Peter said with a smile, but his eyes darkened at the mention of it all.

"Wait, Peter, I have to tell you something important -" Harley started but was cut off by Peter. Harley wasn't sure how he felt about being interrupting because he still didn't want to tell Peter.

"You can tell me afterwards, this comes first," Peter waved his hand as if dismissing what Harley was going to say with that one quick movement.

Peter started walking away, Harley just following along mindlessly. Peter came to a pier that showed the ships coming into New York harbor at the moment. Peter stood at the edge with a smile, staring at the ships with a sense of nostalgia.

"My uncle used to bring me here," Peter admitted to Harley as he took a big sniff of the salty air. Harley walked up to stand beside Peter, looking out at the gray-blue water that was chopping with waves. Harley doesn't remember the last time he came to the pier, but he could vaguely remember the water being blue and smooth.

"Okay, come on, there's more to this trip, I just wanted to stop by for a moment," Peter said turning away from the waves, and started walking some where else. Harley pushed off the wood to follow Peter into the confusing unknown.

After awhile, Harley realized they were walking to central park. And after they turned into the grassy area, Harley knew he was right on that assumption. Peter walked deeper in, not saying a word to anyone, leaving Harley to fall apart in his anxiety and worries over the truth of who he was and what Peter thought he was. 

Finally they came to a cluster of trees where Peter turned to face Harley. The latter just froze as if he was being judged, even if Peter just gave off a care free vibe. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

Harley held his breath at that, his stomach flipping around while pulling itself in. Harley just looked around, avoiding Peter's gaze. "I have to tell you the truth, Peter. My name is Harley Keener Stark. I'm Tony and Pepper Stark's son, and my family are the Avengers. And my Aunt Nat, the Black Widow, looked you up, because I had been trying to keep you a secret, and you found out about Skip..."

Peter was now the frozen one, his eyes wide for a moment as he stared at Harley in disbelief. Peter turned his head to look down before starting to run away. Harley was left there, heartbroken.

Harley didn't know he started crying until the tears landed in his hand, dropping down to the ground. Harley looked down at the tears, finding it a way to keep an even pace with his heart. Harley felt his stomach twist, as if pushing his heart out of him to get rid of the pain.

But then a scream cut across the park, making the birds fly up and away. Harley ran towards it, knowing, some how, that the scream belonged to Peter.

Harley stopped when he got through the trees to a clearing. There was a building in the center, with the front part gone to reveal the basement where Peter was hanging on to with his hand, using his stinking power to hold on even tighter.

"Peter! Hey! Hope on! I'm coming!" Harley said running forwards to grab onto Peter's arm, trying to pull him up. But something was keeping Harley from doing that, and Harley realized Peter's leg was stuck in something.

"Harley, you need to let me go," Peter said quietly, Harley just shook his head real fast, the tears flowing down again. The drop was huge, and not even Spider-Man could bounce back from that. "Harley, you have to let go now."

"No, Peter, we can figure this out. There has to be another way around this, there has to be," Harley said his voice breaking at the thought of dropping Peter from a fall that could kill him.

"Harley, I'm sorry I ran. I like you more than a friend, and I was scared you didn't trust me. And when I do this, run away," Peter said, swinging his other hand up to knock Harley over. When Harley was on the ground, Peter fell back, using his web shooters to bring the roof down. The cement landed on the ground, blocking Harley from getting to Peter.