Seventh Chapter

"Did you hear about that dragon lady Spider-Man was fighting last night?" Harley asked, lifting up his phone to show the news article about the event. Apparently, someone had gotten footage of the final moments when the dragon had pinned down Spider-Man, and how Spider-Man was able to out wit the beast.

"I heard about it, wasn't sure if I should have believed it," Peter said glancing at the phone for a few seconds, taking in a few details. People really did like to over exaggerate events.

"Good point, can't always believe the internet," Harley shrugged, even though the video looked pretty realistic. Though Harley had seen realistic holographs before so maybe that's what it was instead.

"I think we're pretty close on this AI in better news," Peter said messing around with some of the mechanics, hoping that it would be done in the near future. 

"That's awesome. You still have to make it, and we have to figure out a system to put it in," Harley said with a smile, wondering what would happen once they got done with the AI. Would they still.hang out? Would they do another project? Would Peter ditch Harley, or worse: figure out his past and family name?

And what about Peter's past? Who was this mysterious person who adopted Peter? Why did that person give him up? Or did Peter want to go for some reason? Who was Peter Parker?

"Well, I should be going. I'd say we'll be done in two days, tops. Anyways, what are you doing tomorrow night?" Peter asked signing off his computer and putting it away. Peter looked at Harley while standing up from his seat.

Later that night, Harley had some stupid gala, but he was free the next day. "I am few and can go anywhere except Jersey since a dragon is supposedly there."

"Great, there's a party I wanted to show you. It's not bad, it's actually right by the ocean. It'll be fun," Peter said with a laugh at Harley's joke, making Harley blush again. Peter then waved, turning to walk away, and down the street from the coffee shop.

***

Harley stared at himself in the mirror, messing around with the suit he was forced to wear by his mother. And no one argued with Pepper Stark, not even Tony.

Speaking of his mother, there was a knock on the door and popped in Pepper Stark in all her scary glory. Her strawberry hair was down in her shoulders, wearing a puffy blue dress that made her look like a princess or even a modal.

"Oh, look at my baby boy!" Pepper gushed walking over to straighten out Harley's tye, despite the boy's protests. "You look very handsome." 

"You're just saying that cause I'm your son," Harley said dismissing the fact. Even if he did look good, this wasn't the group of people he wanted to be impressing. Harley wanted to be going on an adventure with Peter, the guy he liked. But nope, Harley was in a gala situation. 

"You are so much more special than you think you are, and I just wish you would realize that," Pepper said, pursing her lips at Harley's accusation.

But as Pepper stared at Harley, she could see that there was some look in his eyes, something she had never seen before. Pepper knew that she had seen that look before, somewhere, but she just couldn't place it at the moment. But Pepper was determined to figure it out.

"Let's just go to the party, okay?" Harley asked, knowing that his mom would get into a huge thing about how he was special, and how no one should make him feel any differently. Harley didn't want to sit through that talk, let alone sitting through it in his uncomfortable suit.

"If that's what you want, but remember what I said," Pepper said with a smile guiding her son out of his room to the party that took place across town at someone's private mansion. 

****

Harley wasn't enjoying the party. It was loud, it was crowded, and there was so many people who wanted to talk to him, to put him in an unwanted spotlight. Harley tried to politely answer, but after awhile he just avoided people, saying he needed to be elsewhere when they came to speak with him.

But the party seemed to be a success, Harley discovering it was a fundraiser for a local orphanage. Harley was curious if it was going to Peter's orphanage, which just had the boy blushing. Harley hated and loved how that boy made him feel.

Harley was talking to an older woman when the windows shattered, making it rain glass on the nearby people. A few people screamed, a few people just froze, but Harley moved the woman out of the way, getting a few cuts in his own arms, the glass even going through his jacket at pieces. 

The person who broke the glass was the shadow lady, who was standing on the freaking dragon. A few people gasped and cried for help, but Harley stayed frozen. The woman looked around the room before she pointed her sword at someone in the crowd below her.

Harley.

The woman jumped off, free falling as the dragon flew towards Harley, wrapping him up in it's tail, before flying back out the window, catching the woman was about to hit the ground.

One party guest touched the dragon, moving their hand at impact at the heat. But everyone else was worried about the kidnapping of Harley Stark.