Chapter 4 - Don't go near her

Silas POV

The early morning sun shone directly through my floor to ceiling windows, hitting myself and awakening me from my peaceful sleep. I groan and get up, duty calls.

I drag myself to my private bathroom and do what I must, leaving my clothes for the footman to lay out for the day ahead of me.
(Footman is the male version of maid)

After I finished showering, I stepped out of the steaming bathroom with a towel wrapped loosely around my waist, hanging low. I continue to make my way over to my california king sized bed where my footman, Paul, had laid out my suit for the day.

After I was fully dressed, I walked over to my bedside table and picked up my cufflinks that I had received as a gift for christmas from the staff. Even if they were just staff, they were more like family than my real one, ever since birth.

Strolling out of my bedroom, I was met with two small pairs arms wrapping around my tailored navy-blue pants. I smiled without even looking at the owners of the arms, I already knew who was hugging me.

"Good morning Axel, good morning Kendall." I say bending down and hugging the two small children. Well I tried to hug Kendall, I just received another hug from Axel.

Axel is very stubborn and protective over Kendall. Ever since he first saw her when he was two and she being only a baby crying for her mother. Her mother was a maid here, who unfortunately died several months after the birth from an unknown illness.

When Axel first saw her cry, he did everything in his power to make her smile. Ever since Axel was born he has been naturally intelligent, over protective, stubborn and charming. He took Kendall away from the maids who were trying to comfort the child and hugged her. It might seem weird, but he stopped her crying and ever since then he has never left her side.

The one thing I could never find that he had. A love.

"What are you two doing today? Running in the garden again? Playing hide and seek in the playground?" I asked the two smiling children whose smiles turned to evil smirks. What do they want now?

"We would like to go to the adventure park, the one with the flying fox." Kendall said giving me her puppy eyes

"You too know your not aloud to leave the palace. It's not safe." I say shaking my head making Kendall cry.

"Please Silas. We can take our guards. All 14 of them." Kendall pleaded. Ever since Axel was a baby, I had placed him with guards, seven of them to be exact. Seemings as Kendall was close to Axel and myself, I had also placed seven guards with her. Guards that I have known since I was a kid.

"Fine. But if you are to come back with one scratch, I will never let you out of your rooms ever again. Understood?" I say giving in. If I didn't then I would have a bruise from Axel. For a six year old, he was strong.

Kendall ripped herself from Axel's death and leaped at me my so much force, we fell over. Axel didn't really like anyone touching Kendall unless you were extremely close to either of them. Unless he was angry, then don't go near her.

This is the first part of this chapter.
Hope you enjoyed.
Please share and vote comment your favourite parts.

~Eloise❤️

I kinda imagine this is as Silas' room