Chapter 11 - No Tenemos Tiempo

Flashback time.

He said it wasn't needed. He said another time, but I wanted it. Right then and there. Bubblegum and strawberry ice-cream was the most important thing to me at the moment in time.

"Lo siento magdalena, no tenemos tiempo" (I'm sorry cupcake, we don't have time) My father said as he pulled me towards the hideous farmers market.

The market was in full swing on a sunny Sunday afternoon in my hometown of Llastres. The rich colours and smells of Paella, omelets, Crema Catalana, jamon, chorizo, salchichón and many more. The vibrant colours of fruits and vegetables made the spark of the market goers bigger. Everyone rushing to get the finest and freshest food my little town had to offer.

I had always loved the market, it was were all my friends were dragged by their parents to help them carry the bags that weighed twice a much as our tiny bodies. I smiled as I saw my teacher putting apples in her bag, paying when she realised she forgot to. She was very forgetful, but us kids loved that about her.

My father continued to drag me around the market, forcing things into my hands that were already carrying six bags.

"vamos magdalena, debemos apurarnos." (Come on cupcake, we must hurry). My father said as he dragged me out of the busy crowd and towards our family home.

I looked around, making sure I didn't bump into anyone, however, what caught my eye was a young boy in the ice-cream shop. He was eating a bubblegum and strawberry ice-cream. No one ever got that because they said it was too weird. So why did he have it? I had never seen this boy before. He wasn't from our town, so who was he?

Before I even realised what I was doing, I dropped the bags that had cartons of eggs and stashes of fruit and vegetables in them and began to wander across the small street. A problem that I have is that I don't think about things before I do them. Ultimately causing chaos.

***

I wake up in a pool of my sweat, breathing quickened and the sheets tangled around my legs. Another nightmare. I looked over at my small alarm clock and read the time, 2.03am. I sighed and untangled myself from the white bed sheets and walked to my bathroom to clean up. Cleo would send me back to therapy if she saw me like this.

My bathroom wasn't big nor small. It was somewhere in between, that's what I loved about it. Big bathrooms make me feel lonely and there is really no need for that much space. Small bathrooms make feel as if the cold tile walls want a hug. I'm not really fond of wall hugs.

The bathroom had more of a dusty stone tile style. The bath was pressed against the plate glass window, which was tinted. To the left was a decent sized shower that had a funny styled head. I always laughed at it when I took a shower. The sink was next to the shower and the toilet was to the left.

I stepped into the shower after I stripped off, letting the warm water wash away the sweat from my nightmare of that horrendous day 15 years ago today. March 21st. 2.46pm. The one day that will always be carved and etched into my brain. Forever and always.

I am sorry for taking a week, school just started. I am also so sorry for this chapter. It's just a filler (please forgive me).

Anyway. So we learnt a little bit about Ally's past. Hmmm? 🤔 What happened on March 21st at 2.46pm 15 years ago? Who was that little boy.

Also we have reach 1k reads. OMG. Gracias. Let's get too 2k my royal family.

Vote comment and share. Please

Ally's room

Ally's room

~Eloise❤️