Misuse of Magic

Korie was in bed and as always she had trouble sleeping. Ever since the vivid dream she had about someone killing her father she's been unable to close her eyes and relax. She climbed out of bed and over to her window sill to sit and watch the stars. The moon was particularly large that night leaving her in awe.

She looked down at the road noticing someone standing outside her house staring at the front door. Alerted by this, she quickly backed away from the window wondering whether she should wake her parents or not.

"You have to do something Korie! What if that guy breaks down the door? What then?!" She thought.

She peeked out of her window again this time seeing that the guy had vanished. She let out a sigh of relief but was still worried.

The following morning...

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

Korie jumped up from her bed surprised by the banging at the front door. Her mother rushed into her bedroom asking her to hide.

"Korie! Get in your closet baby. And no matter what you hear stay there!"

"Wha-What? What's going on mom? Who's here?!"

"The council is here--"

"OPEN UP! WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! WE JUST WANT CHUL!"

"Mom?!"

"HIDE!! GO!"

The tears streamed down her mothers face as she shoved Korie into the closet.

Korie's father grabbed his wand from their bureau and placed it in his pocket.

"OPEN UP OR WE'LL BREAK THE DOOR DOWN!!"

Korie's mother wiped her face and opened the door.

"May I help you?" She asked as the guard forcefully opened the door wide.

"We know that Chul Gi is here. And we won't leave until we have him in our possession." Said the councilman.

"What has he done?" Korie's mom asked.

"He's under arrest for misuse of magic."

"What? When? He's never misused magic!"

"Do you know the name Min Stachi?" Asked the councilman.

"No. I-I-I... I don't."

"Well Min Stachi was a prominent warlock. He was the head of The Four Fathers of Daegu in South Korea. We have reason to believe that your husband murdered him with hopes of taking Stachi's spot."

"What?"

Korie's dad is hiding in their bedroom using the stereo spell to hear what was being said. He slowly dropped his head as the councilman continued telling his wife what he did 25 years ago.

Korie, who's bedroom was right next to the living room could hear everything being said through the paper thin walls. She placed her hand over her mouth as she cried. She understood why YoonGi was acting so strange about her father, he killed his.

"Mrs. Seojoon- excuse me... Mrs. Adams, go get your husband and bring him out here. The quicker he comes out the quicker we'll leave. It'll be as if we were never here."

Mrs. Adams wept still in confusion and decided to oblige their request. But before she could get him he emerged from the bedroom with wand in hand.

"Ahh.. Mr. Adams or should I say, Mr. Seojoon-- Glad you could join us."

"I heard everything. I know why you're here. I'm willing to surrender myself to you councilman."

"Good. Give the wand to your mortal wife and come with us quietly."

He turned to his wife, handing her his wand but not before embracing her one last time.

"Is Korie safe?" He whispered in his wife's ear.

"Yes." She said through tears.

"Good. I love you. Tell her I love her too."

She held him tight not wanting to let go.

"Alright, come on! We haven't got all day Mr. Seojoon!"

The guard took Mr. Seojoon by the arms placing them behind his back to handcuff him then dragged him inside and into the squad car.

When Korie heard them exit the front door, she ran out of her room watching in shock her father being thrown into the back of the car handcuffed and weeping.

Her mother wrapped her arms around her and they cried.