The Wand

They walked her home cautiously-- constantly looking around completely paranoid. Reacting to every sound caused by cats running or messing with trash cans. Even the howling of the wind drew their attention.

"Wait. Someone is following us." Korie said.

"How can you tell?" YoonGi asked.

"I can hear the footsteps echoing our own."

"Well, let's keep going and when the moment is right we'll take care of whoever it is."

They continued their slow walk and just as Korie said, there was another pair of footsteps following behind.

"When we get to this corner we're going to split up okay?"

"What? Why YoonGi?"

"Trust me okay?"

She stared into his eyes...

"Okay."

Once they reached the corner YoonGi chanted a spell causing a double version of themselves to appear and split up from them. The real Korie and YoonGi had gone to the right while the alternate versions cross the street on the left.

The person following them took a chance and followed the alternate version. Korie and YoonGi were leaning against the brick wall of a building watching the man.

"Who is that? A mortal?" Korie asked.

"I don't know, but we're about to find out. Come on!"

They carefully followed the man who was still blindly following an illusion.

Eventually the illusion faded right before his eyes leaving him completely dumbfounded. He scratched his head then took out his phone to make a call to his boss.

"Excuse me." YoonGi said tapping the man on the shoulder.

He turned around and YoonGi punched him in the face knocking him out.

He and Korie carried the man to a nearby alley where YoonGi used his hidden room spell throwing the unconscious man inside with no way of escaping.

"Alright. Now, let's get you home."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"YoonGi?"

"Yeah?"

"Is all this even necessary? I mean, why is this still happening? Why didn't they just kill my dad 25 years ago when they had the chance?"

"Your dad has something they want...power."

"Huh?"

"When my dad died, The Warlocks stole his wand. That wand held so much power in it it was hard for anyone to get near my dad when he held it in his hands. Your father took it back from them and they've been after him ever since."

"That's that wand my dad kept in a glass case!"

"I'm sorry?"

"My dad...he kept the wand in a glass case on their bedroom wall. He always said it came from a good friend."

"It's in your parents bedroom!? We have to get that wand before they do! Hurry!"

They ran the rest of the way to Korie's house and when they got there, she noticed the front door was open.

"That's odd. Why would my mother leave the door wide open like that?"

YoonGi had a gut feeling that something wasn't right.

"Wait here Korie. It could be dangerous."

"But-"

"Please! Wait here okay? Trust me."

"Alright. Be careful."

He crept up the steps tip toeing into the house. He looked around careful not to make any noise. As he neared the bedrooms the floor creaked causing him to stop in his tracks. He quickly looked behind him keeping a firm grip on his wand.

He continued his tip toeing finally making it to what appeared to be her parents bedroom. He scanned the walls spotting the glass case that was now empty. He let out a deep sigh dropping his head in disappointment.

Suddenly there was a loud noise that came from the kitchen. It sounded like something was knocked over.

"Hello? Mrs. Adams?"

YoonGi was once again careful as he tip toed toward the kitchen area.

"Mrs. Adams? Are you okay?"

*SCREAMS*

Someone who looked like a bum came rushing at him with their hands in a choking position... YoonGi pointed his wand...

"Disparium!"

The person vanished.

Catching his breath, he continued the search.

"Mrs. Adams?! Where are you?"

He approached the den. Looking inside, he found nothing. He took out his phone to text Korie and see if she was alright.

YoonGi: "I can't find your mother and my fathers wand is gone. Are you okay out there?"

He waited a few minutes and there was no reply.

YoonGi: "Korie?"

Another few minutes and still there was nothing.

He ran over to the large window in the living room-- Korie wasn't there.

"Oh no!"

He rushed outside calling out her name.

"Korie?!... Korie!!... Where are you?... Kor-"