⚫Chapter 7⚫

"W-What are you doing here?" she asked me sounding shocked. I looked at her noticing she was in a long dress. "What do you mean? What are you doing here?" I asked her. "Where am I?" Nia suddenly turned around to look at the children. They were busy playing with each other. "Well, it's hard to explain, but you shouldn't be here. How did you get here?" she asked me. "From that cave up there..." I muttered. I winced again in pain as I touched my ankle. "You're hurt!" she exclaimed. She knelt down to touch my ankle. "It's fine," I said moving my leg away to prevent her from touching it.

"Meow," Midnight purred next to me. Nia's eyes lit up as soon as she noticed the cat. "Aww. Hello!" she exclaimed. "It's cute. Is it yours? I don't remember you mentioning anything about having a cat." I shook my head. "I found Midnight today. She followed me here, so I guess she's mine now," I said with a chuckle. Well technically, I followed her here. "She's beautiful."

I looked at Nia seeing her admire Midnight. She had on a smile as stroked her black fur. I suddenly looked at her ears and gasped. "What happened to your ears?" She twisted her mouth and gave me a sour face. "Nothing happened. What are you talking about?" "W-why are they so pointy?" Her eyes widened. "Um..." Suddenly I noticed some movement in a distance. It was two people riding horses. They were coming straight towards us. The children were now gone. Nia turned her head looking in their direction. She gasped before turning back to look at me.

"Ok listen very carefully Xirus. You need to pretend you don't know me. In this land, I am the king's daughter and I'm not supposed to go the human's side. No one is. So please, just pretend I found you and have no idea who you are. Ok?" she asked me. I sat there trying to comprehend what she had just told me. What? "I d-don't seem to understand..." What did she mean by the human's side? Wasn't she human too? "I'll explain everything later. Just please call me Princess Ellania, not Nia."

"Ok," I agreed. The riders finally approached us. They were to men and they both had long hair. They looked at me in confusion. "I es gdes toy umh y es da ata?" The one on the right asked Nia. Wonderful. They weren't speaking in English.

(Who is this guy and why is he here?)

"On, e gdemc da kuna frin da kuva. da's emjorah si a maah gi premt en gi Sharian," she told him.

(Um, I think he came from the cave. He's injured so we need to bring him to Sharian.)

"Po u ef da's u gdrau? da's qoega hurc umh a him' cmi i da es?"

(But what if he's a threat? He's quite dark and we don't know who he is.)

"Kina im Othorion! Da's emjorah. Da lausg a kum hi es rau es lat!" Nia exclaimed.

(Come on Othorion! He's injured. The least we can do is treat his leg.)

The guy talking to Nia rolled his eyes before moving his eyes to look at me. What was his problem? "Can you get up?" she asked me. "Um yeah." I slowly stood up.

"Othorion! Yio kum reha egd Paeris. E'll bo en im ny irsa," she told the guy. I assumed his name was Othorion.

(Othorion! You can ride with Paeris. I'll put him on my horse.)

"Ellania, e's fema. Da kum reha egd na."

(Ellania, it's fine. He can ride with me.)

"E emsesg," she stated.

(I insist.)

I had no idea what language they were speaking but I watched the Othorion guy hop off of his horse and walk over towards the other guy. The guy on the horse then reached his arm out and swiftly pulled Othorion up behind him.