⚫Chapter 47⚫

Two Years Later - Saturday, March 26

"Xirus look! There's a new fruit. I've never seen this one before!" Nia said. I turned around and flew over towards her. "Try it." She brought the fruit to my mouth. After biting into it, I began to chew. Immediately a burst of different unique flavours began to dance on my palate. I widened my eyes not knowing how to express the taste in words. "It's tasty right?" Nia asked.

"It's so good. I think this might be my favourite!" I told her. She then took a bite. "Oh, this is definitely my favourite too. I am going to bring two home. Elora is going to freak out when she tries it."

When we were finally finished picking some fruits, we returned to our picnic set up on the sandy beach. It was just the two of us and Shadow. We had been so busy within the last couple of months, that we barely even had time for ourselves. It was nice to be alone. Especially on our favourite Island. Nia took out the food and drinks, and we immediately began to eat. She made delicious meat sandwiches, fish snacks, and cheese. She also brought some wine and juice.

After we were finished eating, we tidied up and relaxed. "Xirus... I have to tell you something," Nia said out of the blue. I turned to look at her to see that she was biting her lip and looking at the hem of her skirt. "What's up?" I asked her. She then crawled over and whispered in my ear. "I am pregnant."

It was at that moment that I felt my heart skip a beat. There was no way I heard her properly. "What?" I asked in confusion. Nia smiled before whispering in my ear again. "We're going to have a baby."

"What?" I yelled. "Shh!" she replied with a smile before placing her finger on my lips. "You're pregnant?" I asked with a shaky voice. She nodded her head very slowly. Immediately I jumped up and began to run across the beach. Shadow lifted her head up in confusion. "We're going to have a baby!" I screamed. Suddenly a flash of lightning appeared in the sky. "Oh my gosh, Xirus!" Nia laughed.

"Woo hoo!" I yelled. I couldn't believe it. We were going to have a child. I then turned around and ran to Nia. I picked her up and spun her around. "We're going to have a baby!" I exclaimed. Nia repeated my words in happiness. After I was done spinning Nia, I let her down and kissed her passionately.

"I love you so much," I sighed in between our kisses. "I love you too," she responded. I finally let go of her still trying to process everything. I, Xirus, was going to be a father. I couldn't believe it. 

"How far along are you?"

"5 months!"

I suddenly began to feel my eyes water. I still couldn't believe it. "Are you crying Xirus?" Nia asked in surprise. "I've never seen you cry. Now you're going to make me cry," she stated as she wrapped her arms around me. "I'm still in shock." I then placed my hand over her belly. "We're going to have a child..." I whispered. "Yes, we are."

"When should we tell the others?" I asked her. "We can tell them today, even though I am pretty sure mother already knows," Nia laughed.

-

That night

I opened my eyes to see three different worlds displayed before me. The vampire world, the werewolf world, and the elf world. I looked around and noticed that I was sitting on a throne. I turned to my right. There was a woman. She was dark like me and her hair was white as snow. Her hair was flowing in the wind. She looked angelic. In fact, she didn't look human.

"Isn't it beautiful," she said. I looked back at the worlds and nodded. They all looked peaceful. I then turned back to look at her for the second time. Where was I and who was sitting next to me?

Suddenly, the atmosphere changed. I was now on land looking up. There was a huge rock set before me. I continued staring at it. Out of nowhere, a dragon appeared before me. I took a step back in fear. This wasn't just any dragon. It had two heads. One half of the dragon was black and the other white.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" the woman asked sounding concerned. I shook my head realizing I was back where I was before. She finally turned to look at me. I gasped in shock. She had grey eyes, but that's not why I was shocked. I was surprised because the woman looked exactly like me. "Who are y-you?" I asked with a stutter.

She laughed. "What do you mean 'who are you?' I am your sister."

I awoke sweating profusely. I ripped off the blanket from my body and got up from our bed. I then rushed to the kitchen and grabbed some water. "Xirus..." I heard Nia groan from under the covers. "Are y-you ok?" she asked. I walked back to our bed and sat down. "I'm fine. It was just a bad dream."

"Do you want to talk about it?" she mumbled. "I saw a woman... and she l-looked just like me..." I stammered. "Y-You have a sister?" Nia asked. "That's the thing. I don't have a sister. I don't have any siblings or cousins. I don't even have uncles, aunties, or grandparents."

"That's weird," she grumbled. I got up and walked to our window. With my hands leaning on the window sill, I sighed. When I was younger, my parents told me several times that we had no family. We didn't even have many pictures of ourselves. It didn't make sense. How could I have no family? Everyone who asked about it thought it was weird too, but I just brushed it to the side.  But that wasn't the only thing that didn't make sense. I remembered the Myth the boys told me about before I was turned into an Elf. The myth of the Two-Headed Dragon. My head suddenly began to hurt. Nothing was making sense.

"Come back to bed Xirus. We can talk about it tomorrow."