⚫Chapter 50⚫

I stood there in the dark cave feeling a bit afraid. This was it. I was going to go back to the human's side to find my sister. That was my mission and that was the only thing I planned on doing. So I began to run as fast as I could until I made it to the end of the cave.  It was nighttime and it was raining. Just like it was when I had first entered the cave three years ago. I turned around to see the same rock that I had sat on back then. I walked over and took a seat.

As I sat there staring at the trees, thoughts of doubt flooded through my head. I couldn't believe I was here. What if Jason went to the police? What if they assumed I was dead? What if they were still looking for me?

After what seemed like thirty minutes of me debating if I should continue or go back to Aeriodvell, I got up and walked out of the cave. The rain was still pouring and immediately I became soaked.

Fly west.

I was so grateful I had wings. If I didn't have them, I would've had to look for another way to get there. And perhaps someone would recognize me. Without waiting any longer, I flew up into the air flying high into the sky. Despite the bad weather, I flew with speed.

After flying west for quite a while, I spotted a massive house located in the middle of nowhere. It hid near a forest. This was it. This was her house. I landed on the driveway seeing several cars. Did many people live here? Was she married? Did she have children?

As I walked up to the doors, I felt my body shrink in height. Sharian had given me a herbal tea to drink that allowed me to look like my previous form so I wouldn't stand out. 

Once I got to the doors, I stood there in the rain staring straight ahead. Was I ready to meet her? What would she think of me? Was she having dreams of me too?  After pulling myself together, I finally knocked on the door. It seemed like forever as I waited there patiently. Suddenly, it opened.  A male around my age with long hair stood there staring at me weirdly. "May I help you?" he asked. 

"Um..." I started to say. I suddenly remembered the urgency. "Is Leilani there?" I asked. 

"Why do you need her?" he inquired sternly. "Who are you?"

"Is she there?" I asked again. I didn't have time to answer his questions. The only person I wanted to speak to was Leilani. He grunted before looking me up and down. "Come inside," he said. I stepped in and closed the door behind me. The house smelled like werewolves. This had to be a packhouse. I had never seen werewolves before. Was this guy a werewolf? Was my sister a werewolf? "Leilani!" the man yelled. 

"I'm coming!" I heard a female voice respond. It sounded exactly like the girl in my dream. Suddenly, someone turned the corner and began to make their way slowly towards us. My palms became sweaty as I stared at the person. It was her. The exact same girl from my dream. She had long white hair and grey eyes. Her skin was very dark just like mine. She really did look like me. She stood there with a confused face. As if she was trying to figure out if she knew me. I guess she never dreamt about me.

"He wants you," the male said. Leilani looked at the male before turning to look at me. 

"Um, hi... do I know you?" she asked with a shaky voice.

"I am Xirus," I replied. 

"Ok..." she said.

"I am your brother," I told her. 

Her eyes widened in disbelief. "What the hell," I heard the male say under his breath.

"What do you m-mean you're my b-brother?" she asked with a stutter. I took a deep breath before opening my mouth to speak again. "We're siblings. You're my sister," I said.

She continued looking at me in disbelief. "I-" she sputtered out. She blinked a couple of times. "Well, um come inside. You must be cold," she said. I took off my shoes and followed her into the house. The guy at the door remained still as he stared at me with a shocked face.

I turned the corner to see that she was in the middle of eating dinner. Eight people were seated at the table. Four girls and three boys. "Who's this?" the Asian guy asked.

"Well... um," Leilani started to say. "Apparently he's my brother." Instantly, the twin girls dropped their cutlery onto their plates. "Woah..." they said at the same time. "Uh, I'll be back," Leilani said. She ran up the stairs and disappeared leaving me standing there awkwardly. All of her friends had stopped eating and continued to stare at me. The guy who opened the door was now standing at the entrance of the dining room with his back against the door frame. He had his arms crossed as he looked me up and down.

Leilani suddenly reappeared with a towel. "Here," she said before giving it to me. "You can dry yourself off with this."

"Thanks," I responded. I smiled at her hospitality. It felt nice knowing that I wasn't alone anymore. "Um, what was your name again?" she asked me moments later. 

"Oh, uh it's Xirus."

"Xirus..." she repeated. "Well, I'm Leilani. That's Elias. Over there are the twins Indigo and Violet. That's Lucian and Saphira. Blaike, Neha, Julian and Raphael." They all seemed nice. "It's nice to meet you all."

"You too," they answered. 

"Are you all werewolves?" I asked. "Yes," Elias answered. I turned to look at Leilani. "Are you?"

"Hmm. Not exactly. I'm a vampire," she admitted. "A v-vampire?" I repeated. Woah. I was not expecting that at all. Elias suddenly began to sniff the air. "You're not human... you're not a werewolf or even a vampire. So what are you?" he asked. 

I swallowed quickly before telling him. "I am an elf."

Immediately they all gasped. "Oh my gosh. Roman was right," Leilani whispered. Who was Roman? "Uh, I know you all might be shocked right now, but I really need to speak with you Leilani. It's urgent," I stated. "Ok," she said hesitantly. "We can talk in the basement."

"Well, I'll come too," Elias added. "No, you're not coming," Leilani stated. She gave him a look of reassurance before motioning me to follow her. As we walked, I turned around to see that all her friends were still looking at me. When they realized I was looking at them, they returned back to eating. But Elias continued to stand there as he gave me a piercing look. 

I turned around and continued to follow Leilani until we reached a door. Their house was massive. "Come on," she said as she opened it.