⚫Chapter 46⚫

Saturday, March 21

"You look absolutely stunning," I told Nia. She was wearing a beautiful blue gown that reached the floor. It had an accent of gold. The sewer was indeed very good at his job. "Why thank you, kind sir," she joked back. "Are you ready to see it?" she asked anxiously. It was around 9 am and I had just finished lifting weights. We were in our bedroom getting ready for our coronation.

"It must look really nice since you can't stop talking about it," I told her. "It does! You're going to look like royalty once you put it on," she exclaimed. "I mean you already look like royalty..." she muttered.

I smiled hearing her last sentence. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "I'm coming!" Nia said. I sat on our bed as I watched her run over towards the door. She peeked her head through before turning back around with a large smile on her face. "You should probably shower first," she said while walking over towards me. "You stink," she whispered.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as she pulled me up and shoved me into our bathroom. After shutting the door, she yelled. "You can see it after you shower!"

-

"Okay keep your eyes closed," Nia said as she directed me to the bed. I had just finished showering and was now ready to get dressed.

"They're closed," I responded. I felt her hand leave mine and began to hear shuffling. "Okay three, two, one. Open them!" I opened my eyes to see her holding my outfit. "Woah," I gasped as admired the piece of art in front of me.

It was a dark navy suit that sparkled in the light. Most kings wore dresses, but that wasn't really my thing. On the jacket were golden designs that interlaced with each other and on the sleeves were specks of gold. And to top it off, I was going to wear it with a golden cloak. "It's really nice," I admitted. "But, this must be worth so much. I could just wear something else," I suggested.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous Xirus. A royal should be treated like royalty," Nia exclaimed. "Here, put it on." So I undressed and put on the suit. When I was finished, Nia gasped. "Wow! You look so good!" she said. "Now all you need is your cloak." Nia went into our closet for a brief moment before returning with it. She then placed it around my neck before stepping back to look at me.

"Look in the mirror." I walked towards our tall mirror to see for myself. "I like it," I said. "So do I. Now I think it's time."

-

As I stood there patiently waiting for the doors to open, I started to feel anxious. I wasn't a fan of attention, so this was going to be interesting. Nia went before me and now it was my turn. After all, even though she was already a princess, it was also her coronation as well because she was going to become Queen.

Suddenly the doors opened. I looked up to see an equal number of elven soldiers standing at their posts on each side of the silky red carpet. As soon as I passed two of them, they would bring their swords up and smash it against the other elf's sword to create an X. I descended down the red stairs with my head held high. As I made my way to the front, I could see the priest and Nia as they stood at the end of the aisle watching me. The elves of Aeriodvell were split into two halves and they all watched as I took my steps. This didn't happen in silence. As I made my way to the priest, there were trumpets playing in the background.

Once I finally got to the platform, I looked over at Nia anxiously. She smiled indicating that everything would be alright. Once I took my place beside her, the ceremony started.

"A ura tugdatah ata gdes nirmemt fir da amgdrimanam if Xirus umh bremkass Ellania. Xirus ell pa krimah cemt Xirus if uateihvall umh bremkass Ellania ell pa krimah qoaam allumeu if uateihvall."

(We are gathered here this morning for the enthronement of Xirus and Princess Ellania. Xirus will be crowned King Xirus of Aeriodvell and Princess Ellania will be crowned Queen Ellania of Aeriodvell.)

I suddenly felt a warm hand clutch mine. I squeezed her hand back. In fact, we took turns squeezing each other's hands. If anyone was paying close attention, they would think we were being childish. I didn't care though because it somehow made me feel calmer than before.

"Da brasam Qoaam us latully sgabbah him frin da gdrima umh es ulliemt at fersg huotat gi uca at bluka. A ell mi patem egd da bremkass' krimemt."

(The present Queen has legally stepped down from the throne and is allowing her first daughter to take her place. We will now begin with the Princess' crowning.)

I let go of Nia's hand and watched as she made her way to the priest. She knelt down before him with her head low. The priest began to bless her.

"Nuy da Tihs upiva brigak yio us ior Qoaam. Nuy yio lauh ulimt da seha if yior ospumh egd eshin, cmilahta, umh emgatrey. A ell imior yio us ior palivah Qoaam umh ell rasbak yio umh yior gdrima. Nuy da Tihs plass yio egd limt-rolemt."

(May the Gods above protect you as our Queen. May you lead along the side of your husband with wisdom, knowledge, and integrity. We will honour you as our beloved Queen and will respect you and your throne. May the Gods bless you with long-ruling.)

He dipped his thumb in a silver powder before swiping it on Nia's forehead. The priest then removed the golden crown from its cushion and gently placed it on Nia's head. Then he was handed the golden sceptre and tapped it lightly on Nia's right shoulder and then her left. He then handed it over to her. "Uresa Qoaam Ellania if Aeriodvell."

(Arise Queen Ellania of Aeriodvell.)

She arose slowly and the horn sounded.

"A ell mi patem egd da Xirus' krimemt." I made my way to the middle and knelt before the priest.

(We will now proceed with the crowning of Xirus.)

"Nuy da Tihs upiva brigak yio us ior Cemt. Nuy yio lauh ulimt da seha if yior efa egd eshin, cmilahta, umh emgatrey. A ell imior yio us ior palivah Cemt umh ell rasbak yio umh yior gdrima. Nuy da Tihs plass yio egd limt-rolemt."

(May the Gods above protect you as our King. May you lead along the side of your wife with wisdom, knowledge, and integrity. We will honour you as our beloved King and will respect you and your throne. May the Gods bless you with long-ruling.)

He then, like before, dipped his thumb in the silver powder and swiped it across my forehead.

I then felt the heaviness of the crown as the priest placed it on my head. I now had the weight of Aeriodvell on my shoulders. Then I felt the sceptre touch my right shoulder and then my left. Then, the priest then gave me the sceptre.

"Uresa cemt Xirus if Aeriodvell."

(Arise King Xirus of Aeriodvell.)

After hearing my official title, I arose slowly. As I looked past the priest, I could see all of Aeriodvell. The villages, greenery, and water. The dragons flying off in a distance. The birds as they took flight and the animals running through the valleys. Then the sound of a loud horn filled the air. There was no turning back. I was now King of Aeriodvell, and I intended to live up to the title.

"All hail King Xirus!" the priest exclaimed.

"All hail King Xirus!All hail King Xirus" I turned around and watched the crowds of elves as they all chanted my name.

"All hail Queen Ellania! All hail Queen Ellania!" I turned to Nia and opened my hand indicating her to come stand next to me. She walked over and placed her hand in mine.

"Long live the King! Long live the Queen!" the elves continued shouting. "Long live the Queen," I told Nia. She immediately responded back with a smile dancing on her lips. "Long live the King."