⚫Chapter 42⚫

"What did you give the Dark Elves?" Xirus asked them. "Nothing. We didn't give them anything!" one of them exclaimed. Xirus took a step closer to the elf.  "You better spit out the truth right now because I don't think you want to know what's going to happen if you don't," he stated.

The elf looked past Xirus to see Nia glaring at him. For a brief moment, he remembered what had happened to his friends. He gulped before turning to look back at Xirus. "We gave them a flower," he said very slowly. "Ok, but what flower?" Nia asked.

"The Triesa flower."

Everyone gasped in horror. "What? Why would you do such a thing?" Nia exclaimed. "That was the only way they were going to help us!" the other elf added.

Xirus shook his head in disappointment. The Triesa flower was one of the most powerful flowers in the world. That flower had to ability to allow one to travel to different worlds such as the werewolf world, vampire world, and many more. "Get them out of here," he said. Immediately two elves grabbed them by the arms and dragged them away.

"We need to go to the Island of the Dark Elves now. It might be too late, but it's worth a shot," Xirus suggested. "Yeah, let's take the Dragons," Elora suggested.

-

The Dark Elves in the villages looked up into the sky to see seven dragons flying above them. Some of them ran inside their homes and took out their weapons. After doing that, they began to run in the direction the dragons were flying in.

"Ny luhy! a uva kinbumy," one of the dark Elves told Queen Kali. She looked out of the castle window to see for herself.

(My lady! We have company!)

Xirus and his friends landed on the ground before sliding off of their dragons. At this time, many Dark Elves from the villages had crowded around them. Then, out of nowhere, a group of elves took their long spears and assembled themselves in a circle around Xirus and his friends.

Xirus gripped tighter onto his sword. Suddenly, the castle doors opened revealing Queen Kali with four Elves by her side. "E's ulret," she told her men. They stepped away from Xirus and his friends before placing the ends of their spears on the ground.

(It's alright.)

"What is it? What do you want?" she asked them. "We need you to return the Triesa flower. It won't be of any good use in your hands," Xirus told her.

The Queen began to laugh. "And why would I just hand it to you? What do I get in return?" she asked with a smirk. "You get to live," Nia butted in. Nia could feel the fiery rage bubbling in her stomach. She was tempted to wipe the smirk off of her face. Queen Kali's eyes moved over to Nia. She scoffed at her before stepping down the stairs.

"It's a dangerous flower. Both you and I know this," Xirus told her. Queen Kali walked over to Xirus and placed her hand on his shoulder. She then began to trace her fingers across his skin feeling his muscles. Nia instantly hissed. "I guess you're the King now huh? Poor Othorion. He almost made it," she said while removing her hand.

She then looked at the Elemental Elves and Elora who were all gripping their weapons while giving her a stern look. "Fine. I'll give you the flower. Just make sure you never step foot on my island again! I don't ever want one of your pathetic elves asking for my help!" She then whispered a couple of words before moving her finger in a circular motion. Out of nowhere, a black small bag appeared before them as it floated in the air. She took it in her hand and handed it over to Xirus.

Once he had obtained it, he opened it up to double-check. "Thank you," he told her. "Oh don't mention it," she said with a smile. And with that, they were off. "That seemed way easier than I expected it to be," Kai said once they arrived back at Aeriodvell.

"Right? It was like she knew we were going to ask for the flower back. I'm surprised she didn't fight us," Elora said. As Xirus' friends conversed, he couldn't help but ponder about what had just happened. He had asked the Dark Elf Queen for the flower back, and she gave it to him.

It seemed too easy just like Kai said. Xirus had a feeling she had something up her sleeve. There was no way she wasn't planning something. Maybe she had kept some of its leaves. Maybe she had already made a potion with it. Whatever it was that she was planning, Xirus hoped it wasn't going to cost her her life.