⚫Chapter 54⚫

"Brother?" the black female with the locks repeated. "Yes. Xirus meet the alphas of Latum Alterum. Alpha Nephele, Alpha Sebastián, Alpha Adamus, and Alpha Isidora."

I bowed my head in reverence. "Oh there's no need for that," Nephele said. "It's very nice to meet you Xirus," Sebastián said. "It's nice to meet you all too." "And these are our friends. Nathan, Jasper, Annora, Mateo and this is Celestia; Alpha Adamus' wife."

"Hi," I responded.

"Brother?" I heard Nathan ask as he looked at Leilani. "Yes, Nathan. He is my brother," she said with a laugh. "Well then I must have a lot of catching up to do," he answered.

"What's up man?" Mateo said. I fist-bumped him happily. It was nice seeing another black man other than me. "You're quite tall," Adamus butted in. "And you're not human..."

"No," I answered. "I'm an Elf," I responded. "That is so cool!" Jasper exclaimed after a moment of silence.

"My father was right..." I heard Isidora say despite her muttering. I guess he was and to be honest I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to know all that he knew about us elves. "Alright, tell us what's wrong! I can see it in your faces," Celestia mentioned as she looked at us. 

"Something is coming," I told them. "He's right. And it isn't good," Leilani began to say. "I saw it in a vision. That's why we're here. I mean I thought we would be visiting you guys just for fun, but it turns out we need to start preparing."

"Well... were we winning?" Nathan asked. Leilani shook her head. "I d-didn't see," she stammered. "My Queen," I suddenly heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see a lady holding a small little girl's hands. "Lala," the little girl cooed before running toward Leilani.

"Gaia!" Leilani shrieked with excitement. She then knelt down opening her arms wide. We watched as Gaia ran into her arms with excitement. "You're so big now!" Leilani mentioned. She then picked her up and spun in her arms. "She's turning into a lovely little lady!" Saphira gushed. She was quite the little girl. She then turned to look at me. Her green eyes sparkled as her brain tried to process who I was.

"Who's that?" she asked Leilani. "My brother," she responded. Gaia looked me up and down several times. "Tall!"

Leilani chuckled. "Yes, he is tall."

-

After explaining to the alphas and Leilani's other friends about how I became an elf and the whole Othorion situation, I began to tell them more about the future. "So you're telling me that we're going to have another war?" Nathan asked. "This is just fantastic."

"Will we ever have peace?" Isidora asked. "We will," Jasper answered her. "Eventually."

"So... do we know exactly what's going to happen?" Nephele asked. "Not really," Leilani said. "My vision wasn't that clear, but we were running away from something. It wasn't looking good."

"R-Running away?" Sebastian stuttered. "Are you sure? I mean why would we be running away?" he asked. "I don't have the explanations," Leilani responded.

"Ok, well whatever it is, I'm sure we'll win. Us plus the elves. I mean that should be enough to defeat whatever enemy we'll have to fight against... right?" Lucian asked.

"Well, let's hope so," Adamus said.

"In your library. Do you have books about myths?" I asked them. "Yes we do," Nephele said. "We need to look through them. Perhaps the answers to all of our questions are in those books," I suggested.

"Alright. Let's go to the library. But before we do, is anybody hungry or thirsty?" Nephele asked.

"Me!" Julian exclaimed. "W-What? Julian, we literally ate before we got here," I heard Indigo whisper to him after yanking his arm.

"It's alright. Those who aren't hungry can go straight to the library and those who are, follow me to the kitchen," Celestia said. So Julian, Indigo, Neha and Blaike followed Celestia out of the room. I then followed the others as we made our way to the library. 

"So exactly how tall are you?" Nathan suddenly asked me. "6'9"," I told him. Nathan whistled. "Damn. And if you don't mind me asking, is there a potion that I can drink or something? You know, to make me taller?" he asked.

"Oh gosh Nathan," Annora sighed. "Please ignore him. He's not even that short compared to most werewolves."

Once we made it into the library, we all immediately began to search. Their library was also massive just like ours back in Aeriodvell. As I walked around, I could feel the eyes of several werewolves looking straight at me. I tried to ignore them, but once I heard the whispering, I started to look around.

"His name is Xirus! He's Leilani's brother, he's an Elf, and he is 6'9". Get over it!" Saphira announced loudly. I instantly heard Leilani, Neha, and the twins giggle from behind a bookshelf. When Saphira came near me I thanked her. 

After searching for around an hour and a half, we stopped because we weren't making any progress. We were now outside enjoying some drinks and snacks. "Ok, that wasn't exactly a complete waste of time, but we still didn't find any valuable information," Elias admitted.

"Yeah. Why does everything have to be so complicated? Why can't we just know exactly what we're going to be facing?" Blaike complained.

"Because that's life Blaike. Imagine if we knew about Roman before coming to Latum Alterum. Do you really think we would just leave our lives in a heartbeat to come here?" Leilani asked.

"No..." Blaike answered. "Exactly. We might not get straight-up answers and facts, but there's a lot of us on board and I know for a fact that we're all very intelligent," Leilani added.

"Are you sure about that..." Nathan muttered as he looked at Lucian. "Shut up!" Lucian barked back. Lucian pounced on Nathan and they immediately began to wrestle on the grass. "Oh, here it goes," Saphira sighed.

"Well, while they do that, we'll show you around!" Leilani said in excitement. So I began to follow Leilani and some of her friends away from Nathan and Lucian's wrestling match. "I still can't believe you have a brother," Jasper told Leilani. "A twin brother," he clarified.

"Well, you better start believing it because he ain't going anywhere. Well, other than Aeriodvell."