Epilogue

Samantha wasn't really expecting Jason to come home early from work; after all, the stubborn ass was still playing guns on the streets of Gotham. She herself, had quit being Batgirl six years ago, after seven long years of wearing the cowl.

Now, Samantha was settled down, with a job as an assistant to Bruce at Wayne Enterprises. She of course didn't like the fact that Jason went out every night, but being a vigilante herself, she knew what it felt like. She hadn't even told her mother of her "part time job" when she was a teenager.

She'd kept it completely to herself, not wanting any drama. Also, she was busy, filing some paper work alone at home, so of course she yelled bloody murder when she heard someone come through the window of her shared apartment.

"Jesus, Sam!" Samantha instantly recognized the voice of her long time boyfriend. "Can you be any louder?"

"Statistically, yes," the woman snapped back snarkily. The two had gone through ups and downs in their relationships, breaking up and getting back together, but now they hadn't had an argument in six months; an admirable record. Dick had the nerve of asking if he could throw a party because of it.
He'd regretted it, though.

"Why are you back, then?" Samantha asked, turning around in her seat.

"Can't I come see my beautiful girlfriend?" Jason questioned, with a smirk.

"You wish," Samantha scoffed. The man finally climbed through the window, and approached her.

"Bruce give you more work?"

"Unfortunately," the woman grumbled.

"Damn it. And I wanted to take you out tonight, as well."

"Jason, that's very sweet of you, but honestly, you don't need to."

"Why not?"

Silence.

"Exactly,"

"You didn't even prove your point."

"Did I?"

"Didn't I, Jason."

"Very funny, Samantha,"

"Is there a purpose to this conversation?"

"Absolutely, stand up."

"Why?"

"Just do it, you idiot,"

"You're the idiot." But Samantha stood up, and tilted her head to look up at the older, taller man.

"I was just thinking," Jason began, scratching the back of his head, "since we've been together for such a long time, and," he grabbed her rough hands, "you know, we're living together... So, I thought maybe... Sam, you've always been there for me, and I really... Well, I mean..."

"Yes," Samantha interrupted his uncharacteristic babbling.

"Yes what?"

"Yes, I will marry you, Jason Todd."

"How the hell did you know?"

"I just know these things," Samantha smiled. Not her usual smirk, but an actual smile.

"You sure do, Mrs Todd," Jason said happily.

"You're not there yet, mister," Samantha corrected him, before he kissed her to shut her up.