chapter nine

The whirl of a fan, mindlessly spinning in the dark room. A soft clink as a hoodie zipper hit the inner wall of the washing machine. And the sigh of a person laying on their bed. These were the noises that filled ___ 's room as the late night turned to early morning. 

1:00 am shone in muted glow of the clocks arms. They had always preferred actual clocks to digital. Something about them were just real. A bitter laugh crawled up their throat at that thought. 

"We Stan being real, huh?" They muttered, voice a whisper amongst the noises in the house. Though the house was quiet, their voice didn't seem to stand out against the monotonous noises. Simply blending into the background as their thoughts spilled out. 

"I just want to talk to him, why can't he just talk to me?" They asked as though speaking aloud will give the answer they needed. 

"Well, talking to him hasn't worked before. Maybe we should wait this time." 

"But then who do I talk to?" The question held weight. The heaviness in their chest seemed to intensify with the question as if to make its presence more known.

They glanced at their phone, a very bad idea popping into their head. And by very bad, it was extremely bad. Idiotic even. Why would anyone even think of that idea? 

But, as all of ___'s ideas go, the idiotic ones were the ones that were chosen. And so they grabbed their phone, entered their password, and began to type.

Un has entered the chat 

Un 
Okay,
I'm going to unload here 
Get ready for a shitstorm of emotions 
So a friend of mine that I have trusted with a LOT of things in my life is keeping something from me and I know he is.
Everyone knows he is. 
But he keeps on acting like nothing is wrong??? 
As though we're still just two big dummies living dummy lives 
And it's not like I expect him to tell me everything right here right now. 
Because I don't. That's his business 
I just want him to tell me that he can't tell me. You know?? I don't need to know, I just want him to stop acting like I don't notice how transparent he's being. 
I'm not an idiot. 
Okay, I kind of am. But I can read social cues! And God damn are his off the charts. 
I just want him to say that he can't tell me, 
Or that he just doesn't want to. 
Anything other than acting oblivious and making me feel dumb 
Okay, that's it. 
Thanks for listening 

KingExplosionMuder
… 

Un

KingExplosionMuder
What the FUCK are you doing up at one am? 

Un
That's not the POINT of this heartfelt message
And i could ask you the same thing 😤

KingExplosionMuder
I woke up because my phone was about to explode 
Both from me being pissed off with your stupid rambling 
and the fact that I got a notification every SECOND 

Un
What's it with you guys and not using do not disturb?? 

KingExplosionMuder
You guys? 
Don't lump me in with the idiots you call friends 

Un
Gsap
I'll have you know you're one of those lucky idiots 

KingExplosionMuder
They may be 'lucky'
But they sound like assholes from what I've read 

Un
Wait
You actually read it? 

KingExplosionMuder
OF COURSE I DID
I can read you know
Don't patronize me, jerk