chapter eleven

The suspense laid down layer after layer. A constant weight that continued to grow upon my shoulders. My breath came out in short huffs but I barely noticed my physical signs of stress. This is all that mattered. 

Lights flickered up from my phone, rotting my eyes from the outside in. Though, at this point, eyesight was my least important problem. 

"Don't you dare do it, Lizzy." I whispered, words sharp against the calm environment around me. But I was not inside of my phone. I could not control Lizzy as she… she…

"Lizzy, no*!" The originally planned quiet cry turned into an echoing sob. In a nearby tree, five birds took flight with torn leaves falling in their wake. 

-

To an outsider, someone walking through the park, say for a date, without knowing what has just happened would only see a physical aura of pain floating in the air. A purple mass surrounding and equally inanimate mass that curled around itself on a bench. 

This is not exactly the sight someone would expect to see at a park. Not at all. Especially not Bakugo Katsuki. But his thoughts aren't ours to share, so let's head back to the blob. 

-

"Hey, Extra, what the fuck are you doing?" Oh never have I been so sad to hear that voice. Why did I have to watch that episode now?

Because you're a dumbass 

The question was rhetorical. 

My depressing atmosphere was infiltrated by a violent force. The mixing moods only worked to make me retreat further into myself and in turn that made my dear friend angrier. 

"Don't tell me I walked all the way out here to watch you wallow in how pathetic you are." He grumbled again. My foot was kicked lightly. A few seconds later the kick wasn't as light. Suddenly a hand fell on my shoulder, finger gripping uncomfortably as though they didn't know how to have physical contact that wasn't violent. 

"Come on idiot! I walked out here to prove you wrong so don't waste my time!" Bakugo shouted through my sadness. Something about his words, or maybe the explosions growing close to my head, but Bakugo's words hit my heart. 

With a renewed vigor, I clasped my hand on his and turned my head upward. Now looking at his surprised face with my own I saw that his eyebrows were drawn together, curved upward ever so slightly. In concern? Concern?

A smile broke across my face as I sprung to my feet, pushing Bakugo back a few inches. 

"You do care, my bestest friend!" I cried, lunging forward to wrap my arms around him. Bakugo cried out as well, but not with the same enthusiasm. 

"Get the fuck off of me, you weirdo!" He pried my arms from around his waist and pushes my head away from his chest.

 My arms reached out to pull him back in the hug but his hand kept me from moving any further. My head leaned back as I strained against his arm. A small explosion near my eyebrow paused my actions. 

"Accept my friendship you dummy." My words were muffled by his hand but I think the message got across thanks to my grabbing hands. 

We stayed like that for a moment, my hands grasping as the air as Bakugo frowned down at me with his usual bitch face. Though the actual struggle didn't last long. Eventually it was just me leaning against Bakugo's hand with my arms hanging at my sides. 

Regretting your choice yet?

Not at all, we're bonding 

A sigh sounded from the other side of my hand prison and suddenly the one thing I was leaning all of my weight on was gone.