𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

I don't think I will ever get over Haylor and it's why I am writing this fic.  This is meant to be a short one, and I hope to finish this one, unlike the several other haylor fanfictions I attempted to finish in the past. I hope you guys like this one. xoxo

The vast room remained dimly lit but Taylor could still make out the his face front row on the other side of the room. she was sitting in. She hadn't seen him in so long, and today was the first after a couple of years. Her neck was getting sore due to the constant turning in attempts to catch glimpses of him.

Stop it. She told herself multiple times, but her own warnings kept falling to deaf ears. He no longer had the long dark locks that were once longer than her blonde ones. His face had hardened, and he looked older, but after all, it had been a couple of years. Their last encounter was the Billboard Awards in 2015, when he had stormed up to her afterparty, hurt and anger etched to his face as he demanded she make a decision. She wondered if she made the wrong decision, but she possibly couldn't have. Her decision had invited a new whirlwind of storms, but in the end, she was finally receiving her happy ending. She glanced down at the beautiful crystal structure that was wrapped around her ring finger. Everything was finally being put into place.

Her new album, Lover, was doing extremely well, far more successful than the success of her past six albums combined. That was honestly the biggest victory for her, it was a big 'fuck you' to Scooter Braun. She was doing better than ever, and it was time to put everything in the past to a stop.

She looked over her shoulder one last time, taking in the small details of his face as if it mattered so dearly. She did not expect him to turn to her now, but he did. Those green eyes finally met her blue ones after a very long time. She expected one of them to turn away instantly, but it never happened. Her gaze wouldn't dare to drop, and it was as if there was some sort of magnetic field between them. Pulling and pulling, it was harder to look away as every second crept by. She tried to read his eyes, but they remained empty. She wanted to ask him about the past five years, and the night of the BBMA's, when he had stormed off and news spread that he was in LA the next day. She wanted to ask him about the inspirations behind his two albums, his debut and 1994. She knew the answer, but it wouldn't hurt to get a confirmation. It would all just be some friendly talk.

They were both forced to look away when the host came back up on stage, one she recognized as one of her performing arenas when she was starting out, announcing that the commercial break was over, and another award would be given.

It was 'Best Rock Album' and of course, Harry Styles was nominated. She knew he was going to win; 1994 was fantastic. She found herself listening to it more than she should have.

"I bet you Harry's gonna win," Ed whispered into her ears. "I really hope he wins; the lad hasn't attended any award shows since his One Direction days." Taylor didn't know what to say, so she just nodded. Soon enough, it was announced that it was indeed, Harry, who would take the award home. Taylor, like everyone else, stood up and began to clap as he made his way to the stage. His style was so different now—it was definitely more rockstar. His new style involved eyeliner and a lot of Gucci and elegant silk black attires. They had definitely evolved from his Met Gala look in 2019, one she purposefully dodged in showing up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the stage, Harry Styles!" Harry made a bow to the host politely as he walked up to the stage, accepting the award before facing the audience.

"Before, I was just another heartthrob from a famous band who sang 'meaningless love songs.'" he began mockingly, earning laughs from the audience. "Everyone thought I would fade out like all the others before me, evaporate from this industry, and to be honest, I was afraid that it would happen, too. But, I had trust in my music; music has been a crucial part of my childhood. I was so inspired by rock idols like Stevie Nicks and Pink Floyd growing up. It was my dream since I was 12 to become big making rock music, and as I look back, I can only grin proudly. Er, it was a risk, yes, going towards that direction, but it all worked out at the end!" His speech continued, and Taylor found herself drowned in every single word he enunciated. She snapped back when she heard him go, "I also want to thank the person who inspired this album, who knows exactly who she is, because now I have one of these!" Taylor's eyes widened in shock at his mockery of her. He never looked at her once, simply smiling at the crowd with his dimples, and Taylor felt herself flustering.

Next to her, she heard Ed chuckling as he poked her sides jokingly. "He finally got you back!" She rolled her eyes at his immaturity.

"He could've gotten me back years ago, why now? This will explode and be all over the news!" she hissed, putting a hand over her forehead, sighing.

"It's all just a quick fun and laugh," Ed consoled, but Taylor wouldn't have any of it.

"What would you know?" she looked at him with a stern look. The memories came back to her; the haunting camera flashes and the haunting names.

Ed put a hand to her shoulder in attempts to calm her down. "It's been years Taylor, everything has changed. Just sit back and enjoy the show, alright?" Taylor's lips made an upturned smirk. Ed looked at her strangely, "What? Why are you looking at me that way?"

"Was that meant to be a pun?'

"Huh?"

"You said 'everything has changed."

"Oh? Dammit, I didn't even realize it." They both chuckled at Ed's confession. Taylor tried to put the issue behind her as she shifted into a more comfortable sitting position, enjoying Ed's company and trying to enjoy the rest of the show. The show went on, and Taylor found herself possessing more trophies than she could handle with her arms. "Look at you, Taylor," Ed congratulated.

"Look at you," Taylor mimicked. They were both going home not empty handed, with hands full of awards. "It's been a good year, Ed."

"It really has been."

"We can treat ourselves at my afterparty tonight," Ed reminded her as the show was coming to an end. "Lots of wine and champagne."

.

.

"I really wish Cherry could come," Taylor said, bringing up Ed's wife. "How's the pregnancy going?"

"Good. The scheduled delivery is next month." Taylor grinned excitedly. She loved children, and when she heard she was going to be the godmother, she was flying through the roof. Soon enough, Taylor would be in Cherry's position now that she and Joe were engaged, with their wedding being in a couple of months. The future was both alarming and joyful, which thrilled Taylor.

Taylor began seeing familiar faces, rushing to greet them at the entrance. She made sweet talk with them, talking about the future, London, and more until her eyes landed upon the entrance. She politely dismissed herself from the guests and caught up with Ed.

"You didn't tell me you invited him!" she panicked, and Ed followed her gaze to meet Harry standing at the doorway. It was like he had some sort of sixth sense because Harry turned to see them, waving at Ed.

"He's my friend," Ed whispered as he waved back at the rockstar.

"I know that."

"It will be fine, Taylor. You guys were friends after you broke up before, what's the difference now?" Taylor cringed at the mention. She wouldn't necessarily say they were only 'friends.' They were much more than that, which was the epitome of the complication that went down from there. Harry began walking over to them and she wanted to hide.

"Hey!" he greeted Ed. Harry reached out to hug Ed and Taylor awkwardly watched them converse. It was a never-ending conversation, and it was killing Taylor. It was, after all, a long reunion between Harry and Ed. Taylor found herself listening to them talk, but especially concentrating on Harry's voice. She hadn't heard his voice this close since forever ago.

Finally, their reunion was coming to an end, and Taylor expected Harry to walk away. Instead, Ed said, "I'm gonna greet everyone else, you two talk." Ed pushed Harry towards her before walking away, leaving the two alone. The silence between them was elongating and awkward, and Taylor was almost convinced that it would stay this way until one of them walked away. She was planning to make the move when Harry started the conversation she had been dreaming of since the beginning of the show.

"You seem thrilled to see me."