7- 𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲'𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐦 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬?

I kinda got in the feels writing this, but hey guys!

"Was she telling the truth? Did you or did you not break up with him?" Harry didn't take long to repeat himself, his eyes practically glued to one position so that he was only staring at her, not daring to look away.

Taylor remained expressionless yet composed, firm hands cross over her chest. "What does it matter to you?" She challenged, slyly and rivetingly searching for anything on his face that might've served as a clue to understanding him wholeheartedly. 

"'M just asking," He murmured out loud.

"And I'm not answering," Taylor shrugged with the same vaguely coated tone as him.

The corners of his pressed lips had shifted downwards, making out a steady frown. "You don't have to be so stubborn, it's a simple yes or no question," He relentlessly urged, still pursued enough to get the simple yes or no out of her mouth.

Taylor looked at him right in the eyes, a motion so bold that Harry almost took a step back. "Maybe it isn't a simple yes or no question," She hinted, observing the perplexed look of confusion take over every single etch of his face. His mouth parted into a small opening, a habit of his when he was lost.

"It could be..." Taylor raised a brow at him, clearly stunned. "What happened to the compelled Harry Styles just a few minutes ago, the one who was so intended in keeping his walls up?" It was true, his stone-cold act did not play out well. It was one simple exchange of words between her and Selena that had gotten those built walls of his come tumbling down.

He looked at her, brows furrowed and defeat lingering in the pupils of his eyes. "I just want to know," The curiosity remained, persistent he was.

"Curiosity killed the cat love," That was a pathetic excuse of mimicking him in his British accent. She had enunciated all those words wrong, and it ended up sounding like some posh southern accent if that made any sense. How she had always wanted to say that to him after the many, many times he had said it to her. This was at least on his top ten list of 'most used phrases.'

"It's a simple yes or no," His eyes had narrowed into crossed slits now, a corner of his lip tugging up a stretched snarl.

Why do you care so much?

Taylor wanted to shout, but she didn't. That would turn into a just another pointless bickering session. It would make her look shallow because they both knew that she knew why he cared so much. Sure, maybe 24-year-old Taylor needed more reassurance, but 30-year-old Taylor knew. She wished she hadn't known because there was always guilt overriding her due to her knowing the truth. Maturity was all about being less stubborn and even in her 30's, there was no sign of growth. She was still the same old 26-year-old Taylor that had said no to him due to the big fears her stupid conscious would always warn her about. In fact, it was quite easy to assume that she was more stubborn than ever before. She loved him as much as he loved her, and they both knew.

"You aren't that person in my life anymore for me to tell you the answer," She let out a melancholic sigh. Immediately, her throat dried up and she wanted to cough since it felt like she was about to choke any moment now.

She glanced at him and saw the rare flash of hurt spread across the emerald pupils of his eyes. It was however rare for a reason because he covered it up with an adamant look within a split second. Both were speechless and bursting internally to be the first to speak a word. They never got the first word though because Selena came back in with a grip on Niall's forearm. When the duo noticed that the affectionate action was getting quite some attention from the two ex-lovers opposite them, they both dropped their hands steadfast.