12- crisp trepidation , i'll try to shake this soon

Taylor just couldn't believe her eyes. Here he was, having the audacity to wait for her in his car right outside her home. His headlights were as bright as ever, but she could see through this slightly tinted windows that he sat ever so nonchalantly. Taylor pursed her lips, debating what to do. This had happened many times in the past. What was he trying to do now? She should just close her curtains and go off to bed, she thought. But a part of her yearned to not pry her eyes off of his car through her windows.

Taylor had practical summersaults in her belly as she continued to gape in astonishment. He still remained in his car looking ahead, not even turning to catch a quick peer at her house. Her feet literally carried her out the door as she found herself in the car seat next to him within minutes.

"Oh finally. I thought you wouldn't come," He finally turned to her. She returned a small smile and that was the end of the interaction. As he drove, she swiftly pulled out her phone and continued to scroll through the tweets. They were all pretty neutral until she came across the one that made her cheeks burn. The tweet had perfectly worded the thoughts she was trying to burrow in the very back of her mind. The reminder that she was already with someone. Sweat was starting to form in her temple and she was sure that her cheeks were literal scarlet judging by how hot her cheeks were burning at the moment. What if Joe saw the pictures? Oh my god, was she being stupid? Of course he was going to see the pictures.

I shouldn't feel guilty. She reminded herself. I am just friendly with my ex, there is nothing wrong with that. She hadn't done anything wrong yet. ...yet???

The car came to a stop at a red light. Harry turned her direction, "are you, okay love?"

Taylor tried her best to rid the trepidation in her expression. She brushed a swift hand over the sweat droplets, trying to rid them from view. "Of course I am."

Harry looked unconvinced. "Are you sure about that? You're sweating and your cheeks are flushed." He concentrated on her face for a few more seconds before dragging his eyes down to the phone she was holding with shaking hands. "Whatcha looking at?" Before she could move the screen away, he already had seen what her phone was displaying. He looked back up at her and immediately frowned.

Taylor sat rigid and silent as he spoke up. "So this is what we're going to do." He began instantly. "I want you to delete Twitter right now."

She widened her eyes at him but his glare made her do as told. It wasn't like he was giving her bad advice, twitter really needed to go. Soon enough, Twitter was no longer seen on her home screen.

"Now, I want you to close your eyes and breathe out." He continued.

"You're kidding me rig-"

"Just trust me. Breathe out all the tension that is bugging you. Get it out." He watched her do just that. Once she was done, he turned back to the stirring wheel and the car started moving again. As he drove, he pressed the window switch, and immediately cool breeze entered the car. Taylor felt herself cool down and relieve a bit of the tension she was feeling.

She laid flat against the seat, making the most out of comfort. "Where are we going?" She asked quietly.

"You'll see," He answered back, "are you feeling better?"

She sighed. "Yea."

They were silent for the rest of the drive. It wasn't long before they pulled up in front of a local beach. Harry got out of the car first, grabbing a beer from the backseat before shutting the door behind him and climbing to the roof of the car. Taylor joined him a few moments later, scrunching her nose at the beer wrapped around his hands. "You brought beer?"